Play Animal Crossing without updating?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Haloman800, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    If I have an Animal Crossing official cart, can I play online without having to update my 4.5 console?

I have a friend who lives in another country, the only way we can communicate is through Animal Crossing. Or do you know of any other 3DS games with online chats I could run through Gateway/MT-Card?

2. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    There is a web-browser based chat made for DSi (and I would assume it would work for 3DS as well)
    R4Home? Something like that... I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

3. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt
    I think you can play online in classic mode as long as your emuNAND is updated.

4. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States

With an official cart or the ROM? Also how do you update the emuNAND?

5. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt

With the original cart

Assuming you haven't done any of that if you want to run and update emuNAND

1- launch the gateway boot screen ( while holding L )
    2- backup system NAND will take about 10 minutes after that move the NAND from 3DS SD card to your PC and keep it safe.
    3- from the same gateway boot screen select format emuNAND ( will take 5-10 minutes )
    4- boot gateway mode
    5- open settings to make sure that everything is ok and you must see GW before the firmware version that means you're on emuNAND now
    6- don't exit or close the settings ( or you'll revert back to the original NAND ) open internet settings and make sure the WiFi is on and set up your internet connection
    7- after setting up your WiFi agree to the terms of service ( don't close the settings like I said make sure there is GW before the firmware version) open other settings and system update
    8- download the update
    9- after the update the 3DS will restart after that open settings and make sure your original firmware is still the same 4.x or lower
    10- if you succeeded in everything when you open the classic mode or gateway mode check your emuNAND it should be 7.x

Done :)

FYI: when you close the settings the 3DS reverts back to the original firmware so you'll have to boot the gateway again.

Also here's a guide might be outdated but it could help you

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gw3ds-2-0b-how-to-succesfully-update-your-emunand-w-pics.358557/

Haloman800 and yigit007 like this.
  6. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States

Thank you for that detailed post. Is it possible to do this with an MT-Card?

7. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt
    Yeah they're a lot alike but the gateway support Eshop roms ( the MT will get it eventually ) and I prefer the gateway the gui is better in my opinion.

forgot to mention earlier when in classic mode don't accept Eshop system updates it will update your system NAND.

8. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    What would I do differently with an MT-Card? That's the only one I have.

Should have gotten the Gateway. I bought it for my nephew, just before Gateway came out with Multi-ROM, but turns out he recently updated his 3DS.

9. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt
    Like I said you're only missing the Eshop roms feature other than that they're the same. The MT definitely had the advantage before the Omega update for the gateway but since you're stuck with the MT I'm pretty sure all the steps I mentioned earlier also apply to the MT.

10. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States

I read all the instructions. After that is all completed, could I play Animal Crossing online with my official cart?

11. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt

Yeah when you're on emuNAND.

12. depat

depat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2014

Thank you dude. It worked on my MT card :)

13. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    Worked perfectly. Ty!!

14. roxas-89

roxas-89 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Egypt
    No problem glad I could help.