Hacking Plans for 3DS patch?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, are there currently plans for a patch or update to allow usage on the 3DS? I'd be surprised if there wasn't, but I'm fishing for details.
happy.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fully expecting it. It may take a while, like some previous kernal updates, but the EZ Flash team is worth waiting for. Best cart out there for ROM play. Now, homebrew, not so much, but maybe they'll approach that when they do the 3DS update.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what game icon we'll get next. Pure speculation, but from the looks of all the fixes on other carts it seems like Nintendo is just doing a stronger (full?) hash of any game cart they know to have been used to boot a DSi cart. We've got over 5000 to spoof as when they blacklist the next batch.

I'll miss you Tak. :-( Viva la Elf Bowling 1 & 2!!!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KidIce said:
I wonder what game icon we'll get next. Pure speculation, but from the looks of all the fixes on other carts it seems like Nintendo is just doing a stronger (full?) hash of any game cart they know to have been used to boot a DSi cart. We've got over 5000 to spoof as when they blacklist the next batch.

I'll miss you Tak. :-( Viva la Elf Bowling 1 & 2!!!
Well, Tak will be here again for the 3DS.
wink.gif

firmware v102 coming soon.
tongue.gif

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's interesting, I wonder how it is that the EZ team is the only team sticking w/ the same game to spoof. I honestly don't care which one they use, but the fact that they're sticking w/ Tak is very curious to me as every other team is changing games.

I've read the blog post on how the Action Replay boots on the DSi for example, but assumed that was less then valid on the 3DS given that it was blocking flash carts that work on the DSi w/ 1.4. I wonder what the EZ Team has up their sleeve that the other teams seem to not have.

I'm very glad I'll still have the choice to use my EZ5 or SCDS2 on my 3DS, though.

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a new card should be in the works.
I mean one that is on par with the DSTWO.
The EZ-Flash series could use a update and I am willing to throw in some money for a new one.
The EZ-Flash series is my most used card.
(I still use my IV)

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the date that was posted: Mar 11 2011, 11:05 AM

Date thread was started: Mar 4 2011, 04:30 PM

Date of last post, besides A hacked Soul's which was about wanting a new version of the EZ Flash and not about it's compatibility w/ the 3DS: Mar 10 2011, 07:05 PM

This thread died, 'cause we know already. The new firmware is here and already on our flash carts. ;-)

Now if the 27th would hurry up and get here I could be using this great Tak game, that I play like all the time, on my 3DS. I also play some Alex Rider, after getting rid of Fish Tycoon, but Tak is my favorite. :-D

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samethernet said:
read the home page, EZ-flash has released an update on both the core chipset (internal loader) and OS on the microsd, thus providing compatability to 3ds

http://gbatemp.net/t282905-ez5i-kernel-3-0-ob6

If you look at that topic, you'll notice that I've already contributed to that conversation. So, yeah, I've noticed it. I'm not some nub that just starts topics without looking first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.