PKMN SoulSilver Freezing randomly

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by iTStorm, Jan 9, 2012.

Jan 9, 2012
  1. iTStorm
    OP

Newcomer iTStorm Member

India
    It freezes randomly, especially in a battle. It doesn't freeze at a single point, its like after a certain number of events. I'm using a clean ROM, unpatched. Could anyone give me a patch or give me a ROM that won't freeze?

Oh, and I'm running this on a DS Lite. Don't ask why I updated, I just like to keep it updated.

2. epistaxis

Newcomer epistaxis Advanced Member

United States
    Possibly unrelated, but I've been getting odd freezes that I've never experienced before too on an updated Acekard2i. Seen a freeze on my 3DS and DS Lite. Maybe it's a bug in the latest bootloader?

3. iTStorm
    OP

Newcomer iTStorm Member

India
    I'll try after school AKAIO 1.8.8.

4. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland
    Do not touch flashcard with fingers while playing. Some console are sensitive because of age and contact isn't good enough.
    Try:
    Another ROM
    Reformat MSD
    Another MSD
    Paper trick

5. iTStorm
    OP

Newcomer iTStorm Member

India
    Pretty sure it isn't a contact issue, since I played Black for 3 hours without saving once, never froze.

EDIT: I'll try another ROM and use it on AKAIO 1.8.9 and see if it works.

EDIT2: I decided to do AKAIO 1.8.8 with a Rudolph-patched ROM of SS, it froze while gaining XP from Lass Dana's Flaafy. I'll try another ROM later today.BTW I'm on the route between Ecruteak and Olivine.

EDIT3: Solved. Used a ROM from TPB, Patched it with Rudolph's patch, then used the no$ Black Screen cheat in the Misc Codes section of the USRCHEAT.DAT.

EDIT4: Froze once in a Wild Random Encounter when I beat a Tentacool, it was around the time when I got my Espeon, but I saved right after it evolved so I was pretty lucky.

EDIT5: At Radio Tower right after the 7th Gym, it froze when entering the Underground (at the time I gotta go to the Basement and save the real director). In other words, the place you gotta go after defeating Petrel. I'm gonna switch to the clean (unpatched) ROM and see if I get better results. Does anyone know a ROM that works perfectly? Or a patch. It's freezing more often using the clean ROM...