Pkmn B/W Transfer??

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by The_Dark_Knight, Feb 16, 2011.

Feb 16, 2011

Pkmn B/W Transfer?? by The_Dark_Knight at 5:33 PM (1,418 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. The_Dark_Knight
    OP

Member The_Dark_Knight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi all.

I've been playing Pokemon Platinum and Soul Silver on my Supercard DSTwo card and have amassed quite a collection of Pokemon.

I am hoping to transfer them to Pkmn Black or White when those games are released in English.

... however ...

seems that's only possible via "DS Download Play." I've never used that before, but I'm anticipating a problem because, to my knowledge, DS Download Play loads up automatically regardless of what game is in the DS. Thus, it probably won't be able to find/use my Platinum/SS save file because it won't know how to access it on the flash card. Right?

Sorry, this is all very confusing to me but I'm hoping someone has already sorted out this issue and can tell me what to do when B+W come out!

Thanks in advance...

2. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    one of the downsides of using roms unfortunately you need a legit copy of pokemon ss or hs pokemon black and white can be a rom

3. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    You need a legit copy of HG/SS and two DS, otherwise, you can forget about trading.

4. The_Dark_Knight
    OP

Member The_Dark_Knight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok, thanks guys.

is there any way to make a legit copy of a game load up a save file produced on a flash card? I got no problem running out and picking up one of these games, but I don't feel like replaying all of, say, Pokemon Platinum just to get my Black/White game prepped - know what I mean?

5. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's still in the beta stages but this does what you want.

6. NoSmokingBandit

Member NoSmokingBandit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why not use PokeSav to extract pkm files from your HG/SS save then transfer those into your B/W save?

7. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you could always trade your pokemon from the rom to the legit copy