Hacking PKHEX and Omega Gateway

Diablo24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you edit XY and ORAS with PKHEX and Omega Gateway?

Am I right with what I have heard? I heard you can use Omega Gateway instead of having to get Cyber Save Editor?

If so...how?

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
You need a 4.0-4.5 firmware 3DS, install Gateway and install SaveDataFiler (which is a Nintendo devtool program that cannot be linked here). With that you can dump "main" files from Pokemon XY or ORAS that PKHeX can read and edit and you can reload this file with SaveDataFiler to play the edited game on your 3DS.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But deposing Pokemon made trough pkhex to the GTS is cheating in a way, isn't it?

Nothing personal against you, but I hate when people refuse to understand things.

Yes, the pokemon edited/created is not obtained naturally through the game, however it's not illegal.
Ganefreak has implemented several hack checks.
If pokemon doesn't have the right ability, you can't trade or battle online.
If pokemon knows a move it shouldn't know, you can't trade or battle online.
If pokemon has more than 510EVs, you can't trade or battle online.

So. A quick summary:
Pkhex or any other cheating devices does not give an unfair advantage over other players. It just saves time.
The only reason you could hate on Pkhex or any other device is if you have no means of using it.

Rest depends on how your mentality is...

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean with can't? physically unable? or insta bans..?
Also so it is possible to edits max EV's and go online?
It's legal stats... but aquired way too easily..

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean with can't? physically unable? or insta bans..?
Also so it is possible to edits max EV's and go online?
It's legal stats... but aquired way too easily..

Did you read the big post above?
there is hack checks. Meaning if you do more than 510EVs the hack check does not allow you to play online with that pokemon. Thats what I mean.
OFFICIALLY only 510EV is possible. So if you hack more than 510, again you cant use it online.
In my post above, I did say, you just save time by using the pkhex or cheating devices. You dont get an unfair advantage.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah.. sorry missed that.
In the early pokemons it was hard to max a pokemon.. required tons of money buying these items that would cost 9999 each.
Not sure how it is nowadays. But it is unfair if u can max boost stat pokemon instantly..

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah.. sorry missed that.
In the early pokemons it was hard to max a pokemon.. required tons of money buying these items that would cost 9999 each.
Not sure how it is nowadays. But it is unfair if u can max boost stat pokemon instantly..

you cant max boost everything. Again, the 510 comes back.
Its easy to do it in game. no money needed. Horde battles and super training in game makes it easy, but takes a couple of hours.

so by using pkhex, YOU are just saving a couple of hours. NOTHING else.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see.. that is a little bit different then. Minor advantage.
Anyway. Does it matter if u do it at low level or at max pokemon level?
Can u do the 510 at low lvl?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

level doesnt matter.
each 4EV represents 1 stat at level 100.
competitive battles are held at level 50 so you have to be at least levelling up to 50.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States

The only advantage is time. If somebody doesn't have means of pkhex, they will have to spend more time, but they can make the exact same pokemon as somebody who does, statwise, ability wise, etc.

I recommend you look up more information on how Pokemon stats work, such as EV (Effort Values) and IVs (Individual Values). Those are what are being referred to. That would answer your question.

Long story short, you could, in theory, have all 510 by level 2 if I"m not mistaken. Through sinking a lot of money through various "EV items", you can provide all the EVs to a Pokemon and just have it level up to gain them.

If I'm mistaken on how items like those work (Protein, etc), I know for a fact you can do it by a low level regardless by a series of low level Pokemon encounters. I'm sure it isn't a stretch to have everything by 15-20 doing it the old fashioned way.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only advantage is time. If somebody doesn't have means of pkhex, they will have to spend more time, but they can make the exact same pokemon as somebody who does, statwise, ability wise, etc.

I recommend you look up more information on how Pokemon stats work, such as EV (Effort Values) and IVs (Individual Values). Those are what are being referred to. That would answer your question.

Long story short, you could, in theory, have all 510 by level 2 if I"m not mistaken. Through sinking a lot of money through various "EV items", you can provide all the EVs to a Pokemon and just have it level up to gain them.

If I'm mistaken on how items like those work (Protein, etc), I know for a fact you can do it by a low level regardless by a series of low level Pokemon encounters. I'm sure it isn't a stretch to have everything by 15-20 doing it the old fashioned way.

I have been explaining to him in many steps lol.
hopefully he gets it though :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'm getting sleepy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got some of that Coke spiced w raspberry to try. I don't like. Taste like you kissed a girl with raspberry chapstick. Like fake wax flavoring. Really not good with my Whiskey or Rum.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's good for a mixer with like fireball
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Get on your pajamas, brush your teeth, and say your prayers. Do you have a TV in your bedroom to watch when in bed? I goto bed watching either "Family Guy" or "Married with Children" usaully.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got like 3 Displays and still use my phone in bed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't use pajamas anymore, since childhood i have been told to only brush my teeth in the morning, im in my dad's house with my big brother and the only tv is in the living room
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish youtube would release a albums section next to videos instead of having to use YouTube music
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool, I wake up and make coffee and brush my teeth in kitchen sink, drives my wife mad. I keep my tooth brush in kitchen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried some Tim Hortons coffee concentrate for iced pretty good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Tim who?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coffee company
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It's a coffee/doughnut restaurant place here in the USA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't always like burning my mouth from coffee
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I hate coffee exactly due to that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My nephew is a manager at Starbucks, and he brings bags of they coffee over all the time, most the stuff I can't stand, wifey like tho. I just want plain old Columbian Black coffee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Try iced then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I try to separate mirrages at Starbucks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soccer moms :blush:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some of they coffee ok with a little sugar, sometimes just too bitter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The word coffee summons @Veho
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should try iced coffee with a shot of gin
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I give my dog a bath earlier and he escaped mid bath from me and ran around the house all soapy, made a mess, lil fucker a badass for a oldie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it was his first bath be gentle
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it was his first bath be gentle