Hacking PKGs with updates install issue

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
Very much enjoying the benefits of 5.05 and VR is working great etc. But have am issue with PKGs which include updates. They install as normal with no errors but don't appear on the list. At first I thought I was just installing the update itself which would make sense but they definitely include the game. Arizona Sunshine and the Inpatient are the only two I've tried that include the update and both don't seem to install, or at least don't display. Arizona Sunshine without the update installs fine so wondering what to do here? Thanks

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Games with merged updates normally don’t show the updated version, just the base version.

So if it’s 1.30 it installs as 1.00... which isn’t helpful to know what version you are on exactly.

Reactions: darkfuturez

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They seem to be the same scene releases that are everywhere. Why would it be that it's only the update inclusive files that do this, surely it can't be coincidence?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They seem to be the same scene releases that are everywhere. Why would it be that it's only the update inclusive files that do this, surely it can't be coincidence?

Scene release as in release group like duplex etc? It’s unusual for them to be update-baked in. They’re normally separately archived.

Dumps by random people who upload to file lockers are normally the culprits who don’t test before linking.

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty certain one was Blaze and the other Duplex. I'll check, but definitely was in more than one place. They came from IPT. Anyway I'll have another look when I'm home later. Thanks for the help thus far mate.

Reactions: KiiWii

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, it's all the Darkmoon releases that have the issue. Will install but won't seem to register as a game.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • T @ tsao:
    no this is tsao
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    gbatemp.net/groups/ Yeah, I can see cloned groups here. Like, there's FOUR "The Nintendo group!"s all done by Crazynoob458. Glitch, a la cloned blogs?
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    one tsaoburger please
    +1
    leave the chips
    +1
    @RichardTheKing nah mate, groups are sorted by Most messages etc, that's likely why you see "dupe" groups
  • T @ tsao:
    do you want a drink or nah
    yeh one medium Volvic please
  • T @ tsao:
    anything extra?
    a new Vita charger cable would be cool
  • Wavy @ Wavy:
    Could I order two number 9's, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45's, one with cheese, and a large soda.
    I'll have*
    #sorrynotsorrySAspeedrunner
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    where am i going? and what's with this handbasket?
    if you want that bottle of wine I suggest you keep quiet!
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Rip hp printer you printed the 5 pages of documents I needed well
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Thinking of buying a printer because I hate money and want to waste it.
    print some Vehollars
    tell your kids that if they earn enough, they can buy favours from you
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Anyone think old expressions should be updated? "Going to hell in a fanny pack". And when's the last time you bought a "hotcake"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The exchange rate for Vehollars is two Bison dollars to one Vehollar.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    V3 will buy you a hotcake.
    I'll be your hotcake~
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Think the ink dried out I hate companies that refuse to know that emails exists
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Let's have cooperate emails but refuse any contact with civilian scum make them pay postage to email us shit:teach:
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Let's have cooperate emails but refuse any contact with civilian scum make them pay postage to...