PKGs with updates install issue

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Lordbarker, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Lordbarker
    OP

Lordbarker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Hi all,
    Very much enjoying the benefits of 5.05 and VR is working great etc. But have am issue with PKGs which include updates. They install as normal with no errors but don't appear on the list. At first I thought I was just installing the update itself which would make sense but they definitely include the game. Arizona Sunshine and the Inpatient are the only two I've tried that include the update and both don't seem to install, or at least don't display. Arizona Sunshine without the update installs fine so wondering what to do here? Thanks

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Games with merged updates normally don’t show the updated version, just the base version.

So if it’s 1.30 it installs as 1.00... which isn’t helpful to know what version you are on exactly.

darkfuturez likes this.
  3. Lordbarker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Sorry, I mean the game won't show at all. The Inpatient, for example, installs but isn't listed.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    If it doesn’t show up it’s badly packed.

Delete it and redownload/dump.

5. Lordbarker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    They seem to be the same scene releases that are everywhere. Why would it be that it's only the update inclusive files that do this, surely it can't be coincidence?

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Scene release as in release group like duplex etc? It’s unusual for them to be update-baked in. They’re normally separately archived.

Dumps by random people who upload to file lockers are normally the culprits who don’t test before linking.

7. Lordbarker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    Pretty certain one was Blaze and the other Duplex. I'll check, but definitely was in more than one place. They came from IPT. Anyway I'll have another look when I'm home later. Thanks for the help thus far mate.

KiiWii likes this.
  8. Lordbarker
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    So, it's all the Darkmoon releases that have the issue. Will install but won't seem to register as a game.