Pkgj not downloading games?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zay475, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have just installed Trinity to 3.70 and i'm using sd2vita, everything seems to be ok, but when I try to download a game from PKGj I get a message saying could not download? I'm a bit lost on how to fix it. i have my sd2vita card selected under the USB option in Vitashell, not sure if that is of any use lol! But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

2. kaymynd

kaymynd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    You need to have nonpdrm plugin installed first.

3. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Which nonpdrm do you recommend, I tried installing the Flows 1.2 from autoplugins just now but it didn't help.And everytime I switch my Vita on and off I have to reload henkaku and vitashell through Trinity, bit of a pain lol!

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Do the plugins manually, don't do it with autoplugins, sometime it doesn't which line to put in the config.

5. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Nothing seemed to happen at all with autoplugins sadly, as far as manually goes, I'll have to try and figure it out! I'm just looking for alternative ways to install games as I have a feeling it's a bit too complicated for me.

6. kaymynd

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    You need LMAN's 1.4 version which has added support for 3.70
    theflows doesn't support above 3.68, not sure if it will be updated.
    Alot of plugins and apps night need to be updated to support 3.70, so i recommend you downgrade to 3.65 or 3.60, this way you can use enso to make henkaku/h-encore permanent.

Last edited by kaymynd, Jun 2, 2019
  7. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks I'll give it a try!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Unfortunately it hasn't worked! i have a feeling that the games might be downloading to the wrong memory card, but don't really have a clue. My sd2vita is linked to ux0 as far as i can tell, and there is another file ur0, I wonder if that has something to do with it? Might explain why i have to reinstall henkaku and vitashell via trinity every time i turn it on?

8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You should probably just downgrade to 3.60 or 3.65 via modoru, and set it up with enso to set up permanent cfw, and nonprdrm from there, since most plugins work on those two firmwares instead of 3.70.

9. kaymynd

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Trinity will always have to be run after a reboot, it is not permanent.
    Only 3.60 and 3.65 can use enso to make henkaku/h-encore permanent. It might be simply that pkgj does not support 3.70 firmware.

Trinity was basically made to give you the chance to downgrade so you can use enso, it's not recommended to stay using trinity due to the less support for plugins and homebrew.

10. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is downgrading tricky and will i have to reinstall all of my sd2vita stuff again? took me ages to figure out how to get it working lol

11. kaymynd

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    You'll have to use sony mem card to downgrade so make sony mem card ux0 first

And nope downgrading doesn't delete anything, use this app to install modoru and the firmware as well then just use modoru to upgrade, it takes a few minutes, and once done you'll have to use henaku.xyz website to install henkaku on 3.60 or finalhe to install h-encore on 3.65

https://github.com/ONElua/36XUDHelper

https://github.com/soarqin/finalhe

12. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks man, very much appreciated, I'll give it a go.

13. kaymynd

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    No problem glad i could help and please make sure you don't downgrade while sd2vita is ux0 it could cause a brick!

14. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    does that mean just take out the card?

15. kaymynd

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    You'll have to configure the sony mem card to ux0 and sd2vita to uma0
    If using storagemgr just modify the storage_config.txt or if using gamesd just delete the plugin and it's line in config.txt
    Then reboot and check ux0 size in vitashell to be certain your sony mem card is in fact ux0. All your sd2vita games and apps will dissapear as well until after you downgrade and switch sd2vita to ux0 and sony mem card to uma0 again.

16. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sounds complicated!! Does that mean I will have to swap them back when I have downgraded? I don't think I'm using anything called storage manager.

17. kaymynd

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Yes you'll have to swap them back afterwards and i can help more if you tell me what sd2vita driver you used.
    If not storagemgr plugin then I'm assuming you used gamesd plugin.
    To check go into vitashell and go to ur0:tai folder, you should see either storagemgr.skprx or gamesd.skprx in this folder.

If you have gamesd.skprx just delete it and go into the config.txt and find the line for gamesd skprx and delete it as well, then just reboot and run trinity and downgrade.

If storagemgr.skprx you'll need to open of the storage_config.txt and swap so it says GCD=uma0 and MCD=ux0

18. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I used the sd2vita option in autoplugins.

19. kaymynd

Sep 19, 2018
    United States
    Ahh ok autoplugin uses storagemgr plugin just go into autoplugin app and plugins for vita>configure plugin for sd2vita>

20. Zay475
    OP

Zay475 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, really appreciate it!

kaymynd likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted