kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As you guys can apparently see...Gbatemp hacking community is growing(rather fast in the last year or so) Now...the problem is, you see 6-8 year old kids pirating...Companies are suffering huge amounts of deficits that they will need in making more (descent/good)games. My question is, do you guys support them when you play a really good game? such as TWEWY? or close future(chrono trigger)?
I am just wondering b/c I have seen a 38% rise in gbatemp members from the USA while other countries are like in the 18% from this traffic statistic thing. It seems like this upsurge will only continue to rise...and if so, we have some obligation to support game developers within our community, no?

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
My question is, do you guys support them when you play a really good game? such as TWEWY?

rofl2.gif
hahaha i thought you were serious for a sec
grog.gif

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You thought it was bad? =/
I thought that was probably one of the few games I really enjoyed. Next to Mario franchise and professor layton

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I buy some I plan to go online with... Which is very few, if I could not "backup" (Yes pirate no need to decode my words) I would not play them nor would I own my DS or Wii. And nor would I need this powerful of a computer (it is a bit outdated now so meh) So the game industry is not losing any money due to me... But the game system developers made a few bucks... So no one is really out of any money because of me but the system and hardware makers made a bit because of my need for backing up.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
air2004 said:
i support them and buy the org. if i like the game . this weekend i will be buying tales of symphonia

Yes, I am also buying that. Lol game crazy called already but I've been busy with basketball to go pick it up -.-

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although I might buy my first DS game (though I will not play from it... and that game is chrono trigger)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Games are way to expensive for a teenager without a job who gets no allowance and lives with a single mother.
Same reason, same story for me. Except I do have a job (not trying to rub it in though).

I'm certainly not condoning what I do. I'm just stating my reasons. And I usually buy the systems.

Most games I've ever owned have been used anyways. The game companies wouldn't have gotten my money, so I guess buying used games is just as illegal when you think about it logically. I can't count the times I've seen the pack-in Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog with the words NOT FOR RESALE in a pawn shop.

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
from Wikipedia:
QUOTE said:
"In 2007, 500,000 copies of DS games were sold, while the sales of the DS hardware units was 800,000."

Probably not a good statisic for those saying pirating isn't that big of a deal.

Personally i do pirate most games but any good ones i buy afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok