Pirating Epidemic?

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I try and buy when I can. I bought these recently. I usually wait for them to come down in price.

Dragon Quest IV DS.
World Ends with You DS.
Fallout 3 PC.
Witcher Enhanced PC.

Vaala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm both pirating and buying. I hate those who only download stuff. I really hope they get caught and fined. If pirating makes you buy less than you'd normally do, you're not doing anything good for anyone. I think thats a lot more important then how many games you've bought. Many pirates end up buying a lot more because of the hobby of playing games, listening to music and watching movies, though most are morons and don't care. It's really selfish, and if any of them starts complaining about the government or something.....Well, screw them.

The "worst" part is, the game developers would dislike me MORE than most other pirates that never buy anything, simply because of the amount of warez. It's not pirating, but the lack of buying that's killing the entertainment business.

EDIT: And the epidemic is only on Wii... Massive computer pirating has been going on for a long time. Movies almost as long. The biggest difference I've noticed (maybe only because of age) is that some care less and less while others care more and more. Probably because everyone knows about it and it's very easy to get after BitTorrent, and higher bandwidth.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are acting like this "epidemic" is something new. piracy has been massive since the invention of the audio tape and floppy disk. I guess you don't remember Don't copy that floppy, yeah, it was as big a failure then as anti piracy is today.

It doesn't help that quite often people in PAL regions (UK and some of Europe) will quite often not even get the chance to buy a game legally, for instance chrono trigger was never released here and will probably not be this time round.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
You are acting like this "epidemic" is something new. piracy has been massive since the invention of the audio tape and floppy disk. I guess you don't remember Don't copy that floppy, yeah, it was as big a failure then as anti piracy is today.

It doesn't help that quite often people in PAL regions (UK and some of Europe) will quite often not even get the chance to buy a game legally, for instance chrono trigger was never released here and will probably not be this time round.

The DS version is coming out in Europe. Lurk moar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE