Pirated Windows 7 to 10

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a pirated Windows 7 atm, and acording to Microsoft, and several sites, Pirates could upgrade to 10. However, i tried to, but after a reboot or idk, it told me my windows was inlegit. (it was ''activated'' before) I re-activated it now with a key program, but how do i install 10?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
weird, so far i have 4 computers with pirate windows 7, none give me problems to update to windows 10
however, i guess microsoft will release a ban wave 1 month later when you can't switch back to windows 7, "forcing" you to buy a legit windows 10...

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird, so far i have 4 computers with pirate windows 7, none give me problems to update to windows 10
however, i guess microsoft will release a ban wave 1 month later when you can't switch back to windows 7, "forcing" you to buy a legit windows 10...
If you cracked windows 7 in the first place, then you could just do a clean install of windows 7 and crack it again.... so nothing would force you to buy a legit copy of 10. anyways microsoft is giving it away for free so I doubt they would ban people for getting a free product... for free.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cracked windows 7 in the first place, then you could just do a clean install of windows 7 and crack it again.... so nothing would force you to buy a legit copy of 10. anyways microsoft is giving it away for free so I doubt they would ban people for getting a free product... for free.
They're giving it away for free IF you bought Windows 7. It's like buy 1 get one free

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
They're giving it away for free IF you bought Windows 7. It's like buy 1 get one free
NO, it's free for EVERYONE during this first year, but i think his problem is obvious, if you didn't get the official invitation to install windows 10 on your Win 7, how did you get a key ? did you use someone else's key?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a pirated Windows 7 atm, and acording to Microsoft, and several sites, Pirates could upgrade to 10. However, i tried to, but after a reboot or idk, it told me my windows was inlegit. (it was ''activated'' before) I re-activated it now with a key program, but how do i install 10?

Just use a SLIC 2.1 modded bios or that windows activation software (Daz loader works for this). either will upgrade to windows 10 fine.
remember that Home Premium WILL upgrade to Windows 10 Home, use anytime upgrade and the activator to go to Ultimate than upgrade and you will end up at Windows 10 Pro.

----------------------------------------------
Best method is a stock install of Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate, apply no updates
1. download updates kb3035583 and kb2952664 MSU files (google them)
2. download and run win10fix_full.bat (google it) and run one of the options to turn on upgrade notification
3. right click on the notification and reserve upgrade (SP1 has IE8 and IE10 is needed to actually open the notification)
but the reservation still works.
4. activate Windows 7 with Daz Loader, or legit as that works too
5. update using the upgrade tool on Microsoft's site.

The reason for using a stock SP1 with only the 2 needed updates is that the activator works 100% on bare SP1 with no chance of it randomly losing activation before the upgrade or during it from it being detected by one of the activation hack detection updates microsoft added after SP1.
-------------------------------------------
The only way so far I have found to have no path to Windows 10 Pro would be when you have Windows 8 and no Windows 8 Pro already installed. best method here is to downgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate then upgrade to 10 Pro.
Source:Personal Experience Google

Last edited by driverdis,

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use windows loader by daz.
It will make your pc think it came with windows pre installed from the OEM so it will act 100% like genuine and will grant you a genuine windows 10 upgrade that you can later do a clean install.

Kms activates but won't pass the genuine validation, but windows loader by daz emulates a slic 2.1 table in your bios and installs the OEM certificate so it will think it is 100% genuine from factory.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My Windows 10 installed fine over my pirated 7, using Windows Loader on 7. If it pops up as "un-genuine", then either KMSpico or Microsoft Toolkit 2.3.5+ can reactivate Windows for you.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
NO, it's free for EVERYONE during this first year, but i think his problem is obvious, if you didn't get the official invitation to install windows 10 on your Win 7, how did you get a key ? did you use someone else's key?
No, it's only free if you own a legitimate version of Windows 7 or 8.1, and you can only redeem the offer over the course of the next 363 days or so before anybody who failed to claim a free upgrade will have to pay the $120 or so to upgrade. Microsoft isn't freely activating Windows 10 for anybody and everybody who wants it. They're basically using your activated 7 or 8.1, which could be activated illegitimately, it's just looking for the fact that it's activated, to see if you qualify for the upgrade. The moment you upgrade though, if you aren't legit, you could run into issues.

I've seen really mixed reports on how well upgrading from pirated Windows OS versions has worked out, but there already seem to be loopholes for those people anyways.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just use a SLIC 2.0 modded bios or that windows activation software (Daz loader if a remember right). either will upgrade to windows 10 fine.
remember that Home Premium WILL upgrade to Windows 10 Home, use anytime upgrade and the activator to go to Ultimate than upgrade and you will end up at Windows 10 Pro.

Source:Personal ExperienceGoogle
Slic 2.1

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
No, it's only free if you own a legitimate version of Windows 7 or 8.1, and you can only redeem the offer over the course of the next 363 days or so before anybody who failed to claim a free upgrade will have to pay the $120 or so to upgrade. Microsoft isn't freely activating Windows 10 for anybody and everybody who wants it. They're basically using your activated 7 or 8.1, which could be activated illegitimately, it's just looking for the fact that it's activated, to see if you qualify for the upgrade. The moment you upgrade though, if you aren't legit, you could run into issues.

I've seen really mixed reports on how well upgrading from pirated Windows OS versions has worked out, but there already seem to be loopholes for those people anyways.
hmmm so essentially a trap? lol sounds like Microsoft alright :D

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The best method to not run into problems is to use a Windows 7 licensed computer (has factory SLIC 2.1 table) for Windows 10, as you can use anytime upgrader to move to Ultimate and use Daz Loader only for the Win 7 Ultimate OEM key for your computer manufacturer.

This allows Windows to appear 99.9% legit OEM activated to the point where Windows 10 activates fine and I see no reason for it to ever lose it's activation using this method.

The reports are from people trying KMS activators (the upgrader only allows upgrades on systems using OEM or Retail Keys and KMS uses VL keys) or have no idea what they are doing.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a tool to re-activate my windows 7, and the problem re-occurs. It tries to install 10, but it fails

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can we even talk about pirated stuff on GBAtemp?
lol is this a serious question? it's the topic of 99% of the discussions on here, even if they mask it with different words like flashcarts or CFW

yeah it's fine, as long as you don't directly link to any site that hosts pirated stuff/warez

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dekuleon @osm70 You know, KMSPico and Windows Loader sound all well and good, are these programs even safe to use on a fresh install of Windows 10? I mean, do they really keep Windows 10 "activated" or genuine on a permanent basis? I've heard that these run processes in the background, hogging resources. To me, it sounds like a problem just waiting to happen, I'd much rather find a way to get a product key from another *ahem* location to be blunt. Right now, I have a USB stick that I formatted to use with Windows 10 using the media creation tool, I assume that I run setup.exe from Windows itself, and can I even install it on a 2nd HDD without formatting it, or do I have to wipe the drive I install 10 to?

Can we even talk about pirated stuff on GBAtemp?
To my knowledge, as long as people don't provide links, yes, but speaking of them is fair game.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@dekuleon @osm70 You know, KMSPico and Windows Loader sound all well and good, are these programs even safe to use on a fresh install of Windows 10? I mean, do they really keep Windows 10 "activated" or genuine on a permanent basis? I've heard that these run processes in the background, hogging resources. To me, it sounds like a problem just waiting to happen, I'd much rather find a way to get a product key from another *ahem* location to be blunt. Right now, I have a USB stick that I formatted to use with Windows 10 using the media creation tool, I assume that I run setup.exe from Windows itself, and can I even install it on a 2nd HDD without formatting it, or do I have to wipe the drive I install 10 to?

To my knowledge, as long as people don't provide links, yes, but speaking of them is fair game.
Instalation:

If you run setup.exe from Windows, you MUST upgrade and replace your current Windows.
If you boot from your USB, you can choose disk to install it to. You don't have to format. The only limit is that you cannot have 2 Windowses on one partition.

Cracking:

Windows Loader permanently activates Windows 7. it is not running in the background.

KMSPico activates any Windows for 180 days. That imer is reset to 180 every time Windows boots. Then it exits. It runs in the background for about 20 seconds every time you reboot. So, every 180 days you have to reboot. Which should not be a problem.

Using product key will not work. Windows product key can be only used on certain amount of computers at once.

You can get legit license by installing Windows 7 and using Windows Loader on it. Then just upgrade to Windows 10. It should be impossible to tell apart from legit Windows 7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol