Hacking pin difference?

renickdp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen that the switch to enable rcm mode on some like the sx os looks like the pins are next to each other while the ones on ebay or ali are on the corners, while reading some forums some people contradict each other saying that one is more dangerous than the other, what is the safest pin combination?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen that the switch to enable rcm mode on some like the sx os looks like the pins are next to each other while the ones on ebay or ali are on the corners, while reading some forums some people contradict each other saying that one is more dangerous than the other, what is the safest pin combination?
See here: https://reswitched.tech/hardware/joycon#joy-con_connector_pinout

Pins 1 or 7 bridged to pin 10 is ideal since bridging pin 9 to 10 will cause right Joy-Con issues especially on the higher firmwares (its semi-bricked on firmware 6.0).

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

renickdp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by renickdp,

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I read sometimes that pin 9 or 7 aren't always GND, so I think the best option are 1 - 10

The ns-atmosphere have 7-10 on his jig if i see fine on the photos.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, bridging pin 9 to 10 on OFW 6.0 can brick the joycon? Even after the bridging is removed?
That's why I said "semi-brick"; because its temporary (or maybe my wording was not clear). Anyways, even if you enter RCM by bridging pin 9 to 10 and your Joy-Con isn't working normally, you can just restart the console and enter RCM a different way then your Joy-Con will return to normal.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's why I said "semi-brick"; because its temporary (or maybe my wording was not clear). Anyways, even if you enter RCM by bridging pin 9 to 10 and your Joy-Con isn't working normally, you can just restart the console and enter RCM a different way then your Joy-Con will return to normal.

I know that on 5.1 if you reset(Or re sync really) or Joycon it starts working fine again. Is that not the case for 6.0? You actually HAVE to reset the system itself?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that on 5.1 if you reset(Or re sync really) or Joycon it starts working fine again. Is that not the case for 6.0? You actually HAVE to reset the system itself?
Not sure if resetting the Joy-Con works on firmware 6.0; the extent of my knowledge is entering RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 cause issues and it can be fixed by restarting the console. Haven't heard of anyone fixing it by resetting the Joy-Cons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-