bajibbles

Ragnafreak
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, i've been looking around at the different types of protection and covers for the outer case of the DS Lite. I've currently found Best Skins Ever and it looks pretty decent. But then someone sent me to DecalGirl and wow. So:

How good are the DecalGirl skins? Does anyone have them and can they look sexy or just fake and dull?
-p.s. i'm not really looking at one of those all-over skins because they don't really bend around the edge. I was thinking of getting an image and centering it on the top. For the inside not sure yet. (P.s. black DSL, i can trade for my brother's white one though if it matches my image better
tongue.gif
)
Do the DecalGirl skins actually offer any protection?
If they're just thin kind of sticky designs could i potentially put a graphic skin on then this protective skin on?
Does the Best Skins Ever skin reduce touchpad sensitivity?

Cheers,
Ben

SPiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All skins look bad regardless of quality or what it's on. If you really wana spice up your DS get a replacement case not a sticker.
wtf.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, i'm thinking of pimping my DS, like painting it or spraying anintendo character outline on it or something.

Any Suggestions?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't get crap paint
smile.gif

I need a better case too
frown.gif

I currently use a Sakura Tomy black leather case, and it provides little protection from bumps. I'm more interested in protecting the buttons (shoulder buttons are easy to damage I've heard) and the hinge. Any suggestions? I had a Hori Multi Pouch but I ended up giving it away on the GBAtemp trading section since it was so chunky.

I don't like carrying a case that lots of space as I don't need to carry anything extra, and the case has to look nice and stylish
smile.gif

EDIT: OSW; If you're interested in modding the DS shell, I've seen some LED mods (LEDs take little battery) on the front case which look great. You can have a pattern with a cutout filled with resin and stick some nice LEDs in. Otherwise (note I do not know much about paint
tongue.gif
) a nice paint which has a glossy finish will look nice.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks 4saken! i'll check that out, and consider my options.

Edit: (Expansion) Not sure if i'll do any internal mods though, i'm pretty inexperienced with those things. I was mainly thinking of external decoration.

I'll still consider it though, seeing whats involved.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks 4saken! i'll check that out, and consider my options.

Edit: (Expansion) Not sure if i'll do any internal mods though, i'm pretty inexperienced with those things. I was mainly thinking of external decoration.

I'll still consider it though, seeing whats involved.

Acidmods is a great place. Somebody I know has done some nice stuff from that site to his PSP (trigger lights, clear case, but nothing advanced
tongue.gif
).

This seems quite nice for a faceplate mod (no LEDs yet): logo cutout
Of course, you can still cut wherever you want.

You could also use the clear SHOCK case (bad from what I heard, but I guess if you take good care of it
happy.gif
) and put some nice LEDs to illuminate the innards like lots of the PSPs on that site
wacko.gif

FragMagnet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
OSW: I'm currently working on a custom vynil to attach to the top of my DS.

I bought one of these: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-...te-70-1pxi.html to flatten the top of it and hide the annoying little DS logo bumps in the middle which would have forced me to cut a big ol' hole in the middle of the vynil. The shell is great because it doesn't add much bulk to the console, and it looks like you've got nothing on it.

I also got a plain sheet of bright orange vynil and right now I'm trying to figure out if it's better to cut the vynil manually to match the design I have planned for it, or grab some heavy duty permanent markers and draw it on.

You could easily buy the protector shell and paint all over that instead - it might be a little smarter if you gave yourself the option to "undo" your changes as over time, you might grow tired of whatever design you might apply to it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the "retro" skin from DecalGirl on mine....it's also in the Swing-Grips from Gamestop:

DSLclosed.jpg

DSLopen.jpg

My DS be all pimped-out.
cool.gif

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should check out the Mad Catz Custom Showcase, they have them in Australia now, I think they have them at BigW and a few other game stores too, I got one myself from The Gamesmen and they are brilliant, cheap too, only $10ish
There was a thread about them before from dazinith who showed off his custom design.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41598&hl=

I've done a couple of designs myself, will have to take some pics one of these days

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran