Hacking Pikmin Wiimake

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded The Wii de asubo Pikmin for wii when it came out and I was loving it, and now that it came out in English, i quickly grabbed that. Whats strange is that if i try to run it though the disk channel, it just goes to a black screen. If it run it through the gamma backup channel, it shows a green screen. I must run it with the Backup launcher on the homebrew channel for it to run. I am not sure why. Its kinda annoying but at least it works. I think the backup launcher on the homebrew channel I have is just a different version of gamma or something but still. Dont know why it wont work anywhere else. I guess it would have to do something with softmii or preloader. I belive all of my other games are working.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I read that it aint working on NTSC - U wiis, even if patched.

It aint working on mine. Only shows up at the disk channel, then black screen.

Are you PAL or NTSC?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So the main.dol doesn't have NTSC-U data, that's why, try patching the .iso to NTSC before burning it, don't remember why the green screen issues was..!!
huh.gif

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read about 3 treads. It's not working for NTSC just PAL.
Mines is [Wii] Pikmin [PAL][MULTI5]. The NTSC version is suppose to be release March 9, 2009.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the game only contains PAL video code and only runs in PAL video mode for now. If your tv supports that, you are fine. I guess you default channel has force NTSC integrated, and this results in a green screen freeze. If it's a autoboot one, tap 1 while starting and look at the settings.

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wont work with my wii with gamma ( pal game on a pal system ) comes up with various errors.

also i noticed it showing the ios as 0, never seen that before on a game via iospatcher

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personal i hate pikmin... but i want to give the first one a try... so did anyone try this with cioscops installed and runs through the wii disc channel...

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
personal i hate pikmin... but i want to give the first one a try... so did anyone try this with cioscops installed and runs through the wii disc channel...

ohmy.gif
How do you hate pikmin?! I love that game. I started playing it again now and its a blast!

For everyone else, it does seem to work with gecko like said and also anohter backup launcher that is on my homebrew channel (I think its the one you can get through the homebrew browser). So if you are NTSC, use gecko or that. Unless any of the other ways work, like patching the ISO or holding one if you have force NTSC.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's quite odd how i hate it... but i never did play the first one only the second... but i suppose i'll still try it and download this the game...

Wiiownzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some version of geko i think 1.0.7 or something like that and it won't work for me. Did you use any settings or forces?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiiownzzz said:
I have some version of geko i think 1.0.7 or something like that and it won't work for me. Did you use any settings or forces?
It probably works for them because their TV supports PAL. No settings forced = PAL video.

Wiiownzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsosaYoung said:
Wiiownzzz the NTSC version will be out March 9. So don't trip about a little over a month to wait.

It's not that I'm tripping it's just that I dl from a private torrent site so I have to seed back or I get banned. My router limits me from seeding to like 20 kbps, which is a real pain in the ass when you want to seed a 4gb game...and now I'm going to download ANOTHER one, and to top it off the dl speeds are like 700 kbps + so I can't even seed for a long time because they dl it in like an hour or so. So I'm just trying to make the best of it and see if this one works.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker