Homebrew pictures don't work in moonshell 2.05

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I open a picture (.bmp, .png, .jpg) in moonshell 2.05, it freezes without opening.

How do I fix this?

By the way, the pictures work fine in moonshell 1.71.

D

Deleted-119707

try re-installing moonshell. im having no problems at all. i can view pictures with no problems.

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Text files, mp3s, and dpgs all work perfectly fine.

This is the third time I've reinstalled moonshell.

Is this right?
1. Download "moonshell205stable.exe" from http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/
2. After extracting, save the "moonshell205stable" folder in the root of the SD card.
3. Take the "moonshl2" folder and "moonshl2.nds" out of that folder and put them on the root.

However, every time I run moonshell, it gives me an error (something about DLDI, which I know nothing about), then goes to the program and works fine.

Am I doing something wrong? What's DLDI?

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dldi is making it flashcard-ready, but you probably don't need it though. What flashcard are you using?

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's panasonic formatter?

Backing up my card simply means copying all the files to my hard drive, right?

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
What images were you hoping to view
tpi.gif
?? Nah joking, I guess you should just use 2.04 until 2.06 comes out I'm guessing.

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried 2.04, and it still doesn't work.

And I've tried .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and .png.

When I try .jpg, Moonshell freezes upon opening the folder.
All other formats freeze upon opening the picture.

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know almost nothing about DLDI, just that it's a sort of universal patch for homebrew so all flashcarts can use it.

And why would it only affect pictures? And how come pictures still work on moonshell 1.71? (but not 2.04 or 2.05)

robgraves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another thought. I have a DSI with Acekard 2i, and i know at first i was running the official firmware on my card and i had all sorts of problems with Moonshell 2.00 or above, but when I switched to the unofficial AKAIO firmware, i haven't had a problem with any of Moonshell 2.00 or later and i'm using Moonshell 2.05 right now with no problems.

So maybe what i'm suggesting is maybe an older firmware for your card or different firmware may may things work more smoothly, i'm unfamiliar with your card, but check it out.

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything in moonshell works well with EZV's kernel 1.90 b11, but I want to use kernel 2.00 RC4 since it loads much faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu