Picofly AIO Thread

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, sorry for the stupid question.
I would like to install a picofly on the Mariko I would like to know: is a pure RP2040 better or a custom rp2040?
To be clear, they cost a little more and have the flat cables included, I think the installation is also slightly easier.
Thanks
Not sure what you mean by "pure" versus "custom"? Any RP2040 variant that is listed in the definitive guide will work, and many others will also work, but haven't been tested extensively enough to say they are all "supported".

Psygnosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not sure what you mean by "pure" versus "custom"? Any RP2040 variant that is listed in the definitive guide will work, and many others will also work, but haven't been tested extensively enough to say they are all "supported".
Pure i mean a normal rp2040-zero with button and USB-C
Custom i mean those chip that based on picofly but that looks like hwfly shipped with flat cable like the one attached.

Where I could find the "definitive guide"? I cannot find anything sticky

Attachments

• IMG_20230612_084249.jpg
    IMG_20230612_084249.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 36

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Custom i mean those chip that based on picofly but that looks like hwfly shipped with flat cable like the one attached.

Check the link in the aio thread or @lightninjay 's profile sig

blackheartme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

search bar? or google ?

anyways ive used few of those, regarding quality VS standard Rp2040 its the same, the slightly better thing about it is easier and cleaner installation, although that depends mostly on the installer.

if you want less hassle with extra price just go for it, if you want extra challenge with better price then just go for the original, for me i wont buy the custom anymore as the original already good enough (let hwfly rest in peace lol) , and on side note they came with shitty Dat0 adapter, you need to purchase a better DAT0 for secure installation or reballed DAT0 as per everyone suggestions.

Last edited by blackheartme,
Reactions: cgtchy0412

RaphaelLps

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I ended up making a mistake when soldering the GND near the capacitors, and I ended up taking one of them out of place and lost it on the floor, will it be possible to take another one from another board and put it in its place?
Post automatically merged:

Hi guys, I ended up making a mistake when soldering the GND near the capacitors, and I ended up taking one of them out of place and lost it on the floor, will it be possible to take another one from another board and put it in its place?

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Post automatically merged:

Pictures?

Jcal

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm trying to load picofly_toolbox, but always get a black screen.
hwfly_toolbox works, but not picofly_toolbox. I have download the lastest version from github, but doesn't work in my oled.

The installer said to me that he updated picofly to 2.74 before solder it on my switch.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load picofly_toolbox, but always get a black screen.
hwfly_toolbox works, but not picofly_toolbox. I have download the lastest version from github, but doesn't work in my oled.

The installer said to me that he updated picofly to 2.74 before solder it on my switch.
If Hwfly toolbox works, and picofly toolbox doesn't, how certain can you be that your installer didn't put in a HWFLY instead of a Picofly?

Jcal

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If Hwfly toolbox works, and picofly toolbox doesn't, how certain can you be that your installer didn't put in a HWFLY instead of a Picofly?
"No SD card" boot screen on my switch is like the attached image (with picofly logo).

Attachments

• photo_2023-05-12_22-43-12.jpg
    photo_2023-05-12_22-43-12.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by Jcal,

Endracion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking through the updated guide and the thread, I see a lot of mentions of the RP2040-Tiny, which is what I'd like to get. I understand that 3 of the resistors need to be checked for 47 Ohms. Does this apply to brand new ordered stock from Waveshare directly? Or their stock is mixed and you might still get 470 Ohm on them?

And if they indeed have 47 Ohm, does that mean it's not necessary to add the resistors on the pads like on the regular RP2040?

I've ordered everything else and can't wait to get this done.

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking through the updated guide and the thread, I see a lot of mentions of the RP2040-Tiny, which is what I'd like to get. I understand that 3 of the resistors need to be checked for 47 Ohms. Does this apply to brand new ordered stock from Waveshare directly? Or their stock is mixed and you might still get 470 Ohm on them?

And if they indeed have 47 Ohm, does that mean it's not necessary to add the resistors on the pads like on the regular RP2040?

I've ordered everything else and can't wait to get this done.

Exactly, if you order directly from Waveshare, you should get the "rev1.1" board (check the back of the board) and yes, it includes the 47ohm resistors so you don't need to add them (except if you have slow emmc error, in this case you have to add only one resistor).

You should check resistors anyways to be sure.

Reactions: Endracion

Endracion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly, if you order directly from Waveshare, you should get the "rev1.1" board (check the back of the board) and yes, it includes the 47ohm resistors so you don't need to add them (except if you have slow emmc error, in this case you have to add only one resistor).

Thanks for the confirmation, then great, I ordered some SMD resistors anyway, so I'll have spares, but it's good to know I can also check the revision and I'll also check them directly before starting.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country

time for them to make a v1.2 with 100ohm resistors on dat0/cmd then!

• Haha
Reactions: jmmc

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"No SD card" boot screen on my switch is like the attached image (with picofly logo).
And you are launching the picofly_toolbox payload through Hekate? Or are you loading it as "payload.bin" in the root of the SD card from the SDLoader screen (No SD Card screen)?

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
whats the difference in the quality of dat0 adapter in oled? is it the flimsiness of the prong, its durability with heat, measurements? whats are your bases for choosing dat0 adapter? no problem with them so far...

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
whats the difference in the quality of dat0 adapter in oled? is it the flimsiness of the prong, its durability with heat, measurements? whats are your bases for choosing dat0 adapter? no problem with them so far...
Just learn to reball. Get a hot air station (if you don't have one already), get some solder paste and a stencil man. You can do it honey. We believe in you :vul1:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth: