ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SCDS1 SDHC might be a little hard for newcomers, or people who have no experience with previous Flashkarts. But if you get used to it, or already know what to do, you can get more out of this cart than any other carts in the market.

Cyclo is great for the simplicity, while being a great cart, great support, and features.

I also have the review of the SCDS1 SDHC on my blog on GBAtemp. The review here is being updated by JPH, and it's not gonna be up for a few weeks. So until then, there's mine...

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SCDS-1, from what I gather, is a CycloDS with a more complex functionality and lesser support, however cheaper. Your choice, really.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LagunaCid said:
SCDS-1, from what I gather, is a CycloDS with a more complex functionality and lesser support, however cheaper. Your choice, really.
You can't really say it has less support, because the Supercard team never drops support for any of their products.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got 7 different cards so far... thinking of getting more... but here is my suggestion so far out of the carts i got...

1. acekart 2 (cheap and cheerful. offers pretty much everything ak.rpg offers except nand memory)
2. acekard rpg. (ak.rpg is good, but doesnt support some sdhc cards)
3. r4 (no sdhc support and lack some features like RTS, slow motion. but its reliable)
4. m3 real (waiting for m3sakura firmware...)
5. cyclo ds evo (RTS, but not at 100%)
6. supercard ds (basic... i dont like it being based on an old moonshell)
7. dstt (sdhc support but basic GUI)(i lost it. =()
8. edge (pretty much a rip off of cyclo ds evo, but the build quality is even worse.)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kingof4j said:
i got 7 different cards so far... thinking of getting more... but here is my suggestion so far out of the carts i got...

1. acekart 2 (cheap and cheerful. offers pretty much everything ak.rpg offers except nand memory)
2. acekard rpg. (ak.rpg is good, but doesnt support some sdhc cards)
3. r4 (no sdhc support and lack some features like RTS, slow motion. but its reliable)
4. m3 real (waiting for m3sakura firmware...)
5. cyclo ds evo (RTS, but not at 100%)
6. supercard ds (basic... i dont like it being based on an old moonshell)
7. dstt (sdhc support but basic GUI)(i lost it. =()
8. edge (pretty much a rip off of cyclo ds evo, but the build quality is even worse.)

1. Acekard 2 is cheaper than Acekard R.P.G, because it doesn't have dual memory, and the fact that it's closed-sourced.

2. Acekard RPG is open sourced, so it has unlimited support. It also has dual memory. It's the fastest improving cart. Unfortunately, it's 80 bucks.

3. R4 MAYBE RELIABLE, but it's outdated, featureless, and overpriced. 39 bucks for R4? I'd rather get the Acekard 2 for 23 bucks.

4. No comment here.

5. Cyclo also has a superb Support forum, where the Cyclo team themselves will answer your questions. It also has great features.

6. Basic??? It has more features than the Cyclo, and was the first card to have RTS. It also has homebrew soft-reset (perfected), in-game guide, tripple loader, tripple save function, etc. And lets you play music, videos, etc without launching moonshell. You call that basic?

7. No comment here.

8. It may be a rip off, but it's actually better than the DSTT. Build quality is actually good, but there have been some reports that some of them died all of a sudden.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
LagunaCid said:
CycloDS, from what I gather, is a SCDS-One with less functionality and equal support, however more expensive. Your choice, really.
Fix'd
rolleyes.gif

Can't really understand all this bashing of SCDS-One.

Cheers at ojsinnerz for saying true things
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First look at price. Of the carts listed, the two best lower-priced ones are the AK2 and the SCDS1. The two higher-priced carts are the CycloDS and Acekard RPG.

So if money is no object and you're interested in extra features like game state saves, in-game menus, and slow-motion (all of which the average user really wouldn't use that much), you might consider the more expensive two carts. If you're not interested in the extra features, there's really not much reason to spend the money on a CycloDS or an Acekard RPG in my opinion.

Of the lower-cost carts, the advantage of the SCDS1 is that it has extra features like the more expensive carts but costs a lot less. But let's face it: it's menu isn't all that great (it's somewhat slow and complicated to use because it's a modified old version of moonshell) and it's about $8 more than the AK2. The AK2 doesn't have the extra features, but it has one of the best menus (elegant, responsive) of any cart except the Acekard RPG mentioned above (which has a similar menu). So if the extra features are worth a higher price and less-elegant menu then consider the SCDS1.

-Bri

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bri said:
First look at price. Of the carts listed, the two best lower-priced ones are the AK2 and the SCDS1. The two higher-priced carts are the CycloDS and Acekard RPG.

What you forget here ... is that your lower priced SCDS1 has the most features of all the Flashcarts.

I don't really understand why SCDS1 gets bashed so often.

So here are my 2 cents:
CycloDS has great support as the developers answer on forums themselves. (SCDS1 has also very good support, but no direct developer communication)
CycloDS has a responsive newbie friendly GUI. (SCDS1 has many configuration possibilities, but is slower and more cumbersome for newbies)

SCDS has MAAAAAAAANY features. It was the first to offer Realtime Saves and it is the only flashcart which offers realtime guides.

So it very much depends what is "the" best.

If you want an easy and great flashcart, and money does not matter, buy the Cyclo.
If you are an advanced user with a faster MicroSD card, buy a SCDS1.
If money is of big importance buy DSTT or if GUI is very important to you, buy the AceKard 2.

IMHO all these cards are good:
SCDS1, CycloDS, DSTT, AceKard2, EDGE, EZ Flash V

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lurbi said:
What you forget here ... is that your lower priced SCDS1 has the most features of all the Flashcarts.

I don't really understand why SCDS1 gets bashed so often.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't bashing the SCDS1.

I did mention that the SCDS1 has the extra features. I also mentioned that the menu is a drawback for that cart. If money was no object and one of the more expensive carts had the features I want, I wouldn't personally choose the SCDS1 because of its menu. However, if money is a factor, then I'd have to weigh the extra cost and poorer menu of the SCDS1 compared with its competitors.

-Bri

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I don't think the scds-1 menu is anywhere near as bad as many make out; sure it isn't the best or best layed out, but it changes folders, options ect very swiftly for me, only the actual rom loading start-up time I would actually say was noticably slower, but what's a extra second or two when starting a rom.... and of course you have a choice of another 2 menus which are only a button press away.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread makes me want to cancel my order of my M3, and order the SC DS ONE, but DX have white ones n come as SC OS ONE shaped. I do not like the fact that cheats don't scroll.
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users