Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by fatcowfighters, May 21, 2008.
I need to know which one is best out of: M3 Sakura, Supercard DS One, and Cyclo DS Revolution.
Supercard DS One SDHC. 100000%
No questions asked. It's the perfect cart.
M3 Sakura isn't out yet, and it's CycloDS Evolution.
And I would buy the Acekard RPG, which isn't on your list
Supercard DS One for sure
It has the most functionality
I would go with the SCDS1 for features and CycloDS for future features and support.
SuperCard DS One, it has the most features, good support and cheap price.
SCDS1 SDHC might be a little hard for newcomers, or people who have no experience with previous Flashkarts. But if you get used to it, or already know what to do, you can get more out of this cart than any other carts in the market.
Cyclo is great for the simplicity, while being a great cart, great support, and features.
I also have the review of the SCDS1 SDHC on my blog on GBAtemp. The review here is being updated by JPH, and it's not gonna be up for a few weeks. So until then, there's mine...
SCDS-1 without a doubt.
SCDS-1, from what I gather, is a CycloDS with a more complex functionality and lesser support, however cheaper. Your choice, really.
You can't really say it has less support, because the Supercard team never drops support for any of their products.
I will also say go for the SuperCard. It IS really great. Just check out some of the videos on youtube.
i got 7 different cards so far... thinking of getting more... but here is my suggestion so far out of the carts i got...
1. acekart 2 (cheap and cheerful. offers pretty much everything ak.rpg offers except nand memory)
2. acekard rpg. (ak.rpg is good, but doesnt support some sdhc cards)
3. r4 (no sdhc support and lack some features like RTS, slow motion. but its reliable)
4. m3 real (waiting for m3sakura firmware...)
5. cyclo ds evo (RTS, but not at 100%)
6. supercard ds (basic... i dont like it being based on an old moonshell)
7. dstt (sdhc support but basic GUI)(i lost it. =()
8. edge (pretty much a rip off of cyclo ds evo, but the build quality is even worse.)
1. Acekard 2 is cheaper than Acekard R.P.G, because it doesn't have dual memory, and the fact that it's closed-sourced.
2. Acekard RPG is open sourced, so it has unlimited support. It also has dual memory. It's the fastest improving cart. Unfortunately, it's 80 bucks.
3. R4 MAYBE RELIABLE, but it's outdated, featureless, and overpriced. 39 bucks for R4? I'd rather get the Acekard 2 for 23 bucks.
4. No comment here.
5. Cyclo also has a superb Support forum, where the Cyclo team themselves will answer your questions. It also has great features.
6. Basic??? It has more features than the Cyclo, and was the first card to have RTS. It also has homebrew soft-reset (perfected), in-game guide, tripple loader, tripple save function, etc. And lets you play music, videos, etc without launching moonshell. You call that basic?
7. No comment here.
8. It may be a rip off, but it's actually better than the DSTT. Build quality is actually good, but there have been some reports that some of them died all of a sudden.
Can't really understand all this bashing of SCDS-One.
Cheers at ojsinnerz for saying true things
First look at price. Of the carts listed, the two best lower-priced ones are the AK2 and the SCDS1. The two higher-priced carts are the CycloDS and Acekard RPG.
So if money is no object and you're interested in extra features like game state saves, in-game menus, and slow-motion (all of which the average user really wouldn't use that much), you might consider the more expensive two carts. If you're not interested in the extra features, there's really not much reason to spend the money on a CycloDS or an Acekard RPG in my opinion.
Of the lower-cost carts, the advantage of the SCDS1 is that it has extra features like the more expensive carts but costs a lot less. But let's face it: it's menu isn't all that great (it's somewhat slow and complicated to use because it's a modified old version of moonshell) and it's about $8 more than the AK2. The AK2 doesn't have the extra features, but it has one of the best menus (elegant, responsive) of any cart except the Acekard RPG mentioned above (which has a similar menu). So if the extra features are worth a higher price and less-elegant menu then consider the SCDS1.
What you forget here ... is that your lower priced SCDS1 has the most features of all the Flashcarts.
I don't really understand why SCDS1 gets bashed so often.
So here are my 2 cents:
CycloDS has great support as the developers answer on forums themselves. (SCDS1 has also very good support, but no direct developer communication)
CycloDS has a responsive newbie friendly GUI. (SCDS1 has many configuration possibilities, but is slower and more cumbersome for newbies)
SCDS has MAAAAAAAANY features. It was the first to offer Realtime Saves and it is the only flashcart which offers realtime guides.
So it very much depends what is "the" best.
If you want an easy and great flashcart, and money does not matter, buy the Cyclo.
If you are an advanced user with a faster MicroSD card, buy a SCDS1.
If money is of big importance buy DSTT or if GUI is very important to you, buy the AceKard 2.
IMHO all these cards are good:
SCDS1, CycloDS, DSTT, AceKard2, EDGE, EZ Flash V
I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't bashing the SCDS1.
I did mention that the SCDS1 has the extra features. I also mentioned that the menu is a drawback for that cart. If money was no object and one of the more expensive carts had the features I want, I wouldn't personally choose the SCDS1 because of its menu. However, if money is a factor, then I'd have to weigh the extra cost and poorer menu of the SCDS1 compared with its competitors.
I don't think the scds-1 menu is anywhere near as bad as many make out; sure it isn't the best or best layed out, but it changes folders, options ect very swiftly for me, only the actual rom loading start-up time I would actually say was noticably slower, but what's a extra second or two when starting a rom.... and of course you have a choice of another 2 menus which are only a button press away.
Wow, this thread makes me want to cancel my order of my M3, and order the SC DS ONE, but DX have white ones n come as SC OS ONE shaped. I do not like the fact that cheats don't scroll.