Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
Share any photos you've taken on any game consoles!

Fancy cameras are nice, but why spend hundreds of dollars on a camera when you could buy a game console? DSi, 3DS, gameboy, something else? Sure, the cameras aren't exactly good, but they've got a nice aesthetic/feel to them that nothing else seems to bring. Plus you can play games when you're bored of taking photos.

I also need an excuse to post my thousands of DSi photos...

Here are some I've taken on my DSi this summer.
HNI_0028.JPG

HNI_0029.JPG

HNI_0042.JPG

HNI_0066.JPG

HNI_0098.JPG

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
Okay these are some impressive photos taken FROM A DSI. How are you able to capture such high quality pics?
I find that the DSi is really good if you're in the right lighting. You've got late evening as the sun starts to set in the first 2, then the subway station in the last 2. I feel like that slightly dim and dull lighting is a sweet spot.

I didn't use this for the photos above, but TWL EVA is a good tool as well. Yeah, no matter how weird it seems, factory test software really is a good way of taking photos.
Evaluation Menu --> CAMERA --> Easy Eva.
Very good options for changing the resolution, exposure, sharpness, white balance, etc. I haven't played around with it too much, but it seems to be a lot better than any other programs. You don't have to worry about natural lighting so much because you can change it on the console. You just have to make sure you have a good resolution. Don't be like me and accidentally set it to 176x144 QCIF for an entire vacation and realize the "nice" photos are too tiny to see...

My only good test photo is my laptop keyboard, and even with just that you can see how clear everything is (just ignore the grain). I could never get something like that through the built in camera app.
1695606056565.png

Also I've noticed TWL EVA can mess up if you move the camera too much, but it can create cool effects.
1695605784645.png
1695605794860.png
1695605836839.png

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, there's no good reason any camera should perform badly in good light, consider the "cheap" (250 € class) digital cameras of 2000 were barely better than this (but came with a proper flash for that reason, at the cost of only getting 20 photos or so on a pair of AAs, not like the integrated storage was much larger), that you can still buy cheapass VGA cameras new and not NOS, and that disposable cameras (also better but for other reasons) have been the best sellers of film since well before the former products were invented :)

2019-07-20_13-48-16.JPG

HNI_0010.JPG

Sometimes the blur just makes it better :D
HNI_0026.JPG

And of course, another perk of the 23DSi is that it also comes with an editor:
HNI_0100.JPG

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I find that the DSi is really good if you're in the right lighting. You've got late evening as the sun starts to set in the first 2, then the subway station in the last 2. I feel like that slightly dim and dull lighting is a sweet spot.

This makes me wish that I can get mine fixed, but someone already helped me get this one covered. Thwh said that I can potentially fix my DSi by changing the port from it's special us cable to a USB-C, but I don't have any idea on how to do that cause I don't have any soldering experience.

Reactions: SylverReZ and rvtr

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: rvtr

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
You made me look at some photos I took 10 years ago with my dsi, imagine looking back at those times with some photos you forgot you took. But yeah, it was alright for the time it released

Attachments

• HNI_0064.JPG
    HNI_0064.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0096.JPG
    HNI_0096.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: rvtr and Ryccardo

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
You made me look at some photos I took 10 years ago with my dsi, imagine looking back at those times with some photos you forgot you took. But yeah, it was alright for the time it released
Love the second pic! Has a nice 2000s dusty feeling to it.

Also went out with some friends today and took more photos.
1696728547135.png

1696728565542.png

1696728582254.png

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: SylverReZ and rvtr

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to take some pictures with my 3DS, with the normal camera function instead of "Mii Photos". But the picture quality is really bad... it's not near the DSi in the OP :blink:

These are taken on "Neeltje Jans" island:
rZrTYHv.jpg

vURb41G.jpg

jSkNzto.jpg

The odometer hitting the next thousand :D
2L5B44I.jpg

My favorite group of Geese :) I tried to take a picture when there where eating food I gave them, but the 3DS crashed at that moment :angry:
x6nzktp.jpg

Zxl6dnG.jpg

Reactions: rvtr

Rolfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
mister fox
IMG_0059.PNG

this fox is actually a different one from the last one i posted, since that one was a gift to my mom. i really like foxes too though so i wanted to get a similar one lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol