Photo blog of my new stuff

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been working a job over the summer, which means I can afford to get myself nice things. Before anyone says anything else, my next item on the list is a camera ;_;

So my first order of business was purchasing a laptop. There is a promotion going on, where students can get a free Xbox 360 slim with the purchase of a PC $699 and up. Needless to say I took full advantage of it.

The laptop + Xbox total was $802 with overnight shipping. Fuck yeah. So my laptop specs:

Core i5 (latest) at 2.3GHz (turbo up to 2.9GHz)
4GB of DDR3-1333 RAM (as one stick, cheap and easy upgrade to 8GB)
Intel HD 3000 + Nvidia GT 520M 1GB GDDR5 (Optimus)
500GB HD
9-cell battery with 8 hours of battery life (advertised as 9.5hrs, and I'm sure you could get that if you turned wireless off, but I'm not complaining)

Did I mention it's a 13.3" laptop? About 1" thick. Not to mention ASUS was kind enough to throw in a free 2-year warranty, with free 1-year accidental damage protection.

So, pictures time!

The metal top, with the edge made of a semi-matte plastic as to not grab fingerprints. Nice.
0717011737.jpg

The keyboard and more metal frame.
0717011738.jpg

My current Windows 7 desktop, overloaded with RainMeter gadgets.
0717011739.jpg

My new free 360.
0717011741.jpg

Just finished installing FFXIII.
0717011741a.jpg

And of course... running the latest Snow Leopard. Suck it, macfans!
0717011745.jpg

Well, since I don't usually blog, might as well condense my thoughts. Here are other things I am getting.

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-SR-60...0375&sr=8-1 - A nice pair of headphones. my current ones are decent (Koss KSC75) but it's my only pair.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sx-910a-bluet...r-standby-42200 - Bluetooth headphones. I forgot to mention: the bluetooth drivers on this computer are amazing. They literally support every profile, even the useless ones. So I am getting a pair of bluetooth headphones for it, as a portable solution.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/800-1600cpi-b...ouse-1-aa-50292 - Need a mouse, of course. Don't know if it will be this one specifically.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/spec...?mco=OTY2ODY4NQ - Refurbished iPad. Hopefully the 16GB will be back in stock by the end of the month. A coworker showed my how nice textbooks are on the iPad. Considering how expensive textbooks are, the iPad will pay for itself in the first quarter.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-SX130/1497...ci_sku=14972582 - I am not a photographer, but this seems like it will fit all of my needs.

So yeah, thoughts on all of this?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You don't need to install FFXIII, it's got some decent loading times on 360 and PS3.
That's why there is no install data option for PS3s

Edit: and I forgot it's going to be a pain on 360 with the 3 discs..

BUT, I'm jelly of your laptop.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at the third-disk of the FFXIII, when
you reach Gran Pulse

For me, it has some slowdown unless I install it... I thought it was my old Xbox being slow, but it's the same on this one too.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't recommend Grados, since you have the goldly KSC75s. Well, you will probably enjoy it more, but I myself wasn't too fond of the Grados when I tried them out.

Congrats on your purchases though. ASUS is great, and 360 has many quality shmups.....

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see logitech M305's constantly on sale between $10 and 20 at bestbuy, staples, ect... and would be a much then a generic mouse from dx
the M505 is also on sale alot for $20

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
I wouldn't recommend Grados, since you have the goldly KSC75s. Well, you will probably enjoy it more, but I myself wasn't too fond of the Grados when I tried them out.

Congrats on your purchases though. ASUS is great, and 360 has many quality shmups.....
I heard the sr60s were a big step-up from the 75s. But man I looked online a bit more and people are contesting that... now I'm not so sure anymore...

QUOTE said:
I see logitech M305's constantly on sale between $10 and 20 at bestbuy, staples, ect... and would be a much then a generic mouse from dx
the M505 is also on sale alot for $20I have terrible luck with dongle-wireless mice, so I'm getting bluetooth. I've actually bought a mouse from DX before...they're not bad. Usually reviews are fairly accurate.

That's pretty nifty getting that free Xbox deal, also that camera is disgusting
It's my crappy phone camera. ):>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: