ROM Hack Phantom Hourglass Four Sword hack?

Missing Number

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Me n my girlfriend was talkin last night about Four Sword Adventure for GC, and how much she likes games like that where you can play together/against people in the same room as you in a normally single player game...... after i got over my rant about how that game requires 4 GBAs and matching link cables... i got to thinkin bout this game, and its origin as 4swords DS....

so when i woke up this morning i thought to come on here and inquire if anyone has thought of this hack, and if so.... has anyone started on it?

if not, how do u do it, where do u start, and on a scale from 1 to 10, about how difficult do u think it'd be ? lol

i really dont have the time to do it myself, but i thought i'd pose the question, cuz a 4 swords DS would be CRAZY! and maybe if i were to be a weekend jockey and ignore my girl a bit, i might be able to assist somewhat if someone did start a project

so anyone know anythin bout a 4sword hack?

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that require pretty much changing everything related to the game?
The only thing you'd have left would be the engine.

Missing Number

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol not EVERYTHING but.... lol, just about

large areas with lots of enemies like the gamecube game, battle arenas for vs... yah map editing will be needed, and remakes of old items like the magnets and stuff for extra spice

but i think it would be fun.... i really wish nintendo did that to begin with, or started on it already, i wouldn't even mind if the controls were still the same to be honest, i love using the stylus to slash and guide the boomerang

if i had the time/skill i'd do this all solo, and not only that, i'd put in map packs of old zelda games like Link to the Past, but alas, i've got no clue lol

perhaps when im done with Nerdschool i'll understand it all easier

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Missing Number said:
lol not EVERYTHING but.... lol, just about

large areas with lots of enemies like the gamecube game, battle arenas for vs... yah map editing will be needed, and remakes of old items like the magnets and stuff for extra spice

but i think it would be fun.... i really wish nintendo did that to begin with, or started on it already, i wouldn't even mind if the controls were still the same to be honest, i love using the stylus to slash and guide the boomerang

if i had the time/skill i'd do this all solo, and not only that, i'd put in map packs of old zelda games like Link to the Past, but alas, i've got no clue lol

perhaps when im done with Nerdschool i'll understand it all easier
Let me say that again, it can't be done, no one around here has the skills to do it, and I guess nobody in the world can do it without the source code, it'd be 100 times easier to start a zelda homebrew and code it from scratch rather than hacking it with all those things.

Missing Number

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its not impossible, just gotta figure out what does what and where it all comes from, yah i do agree it'd be easier to start from scratch, but it is a nice thought

perhaps what i'll do is tear all the textures n models out and build it back up.... like tearing down a lego house to build a spaceship

jus gotta figure what is what

Crowbanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lmfao.

Tearing down a lego house to build a spaceship..
A complex spaceship with different compatability and engines, whilst adding new pieces of lego.
biggrin.gif

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love a hack of this game that lets you use normal controls. I got a copy with my DS, put up with the touchscreen stuff for 5 minutes and sold the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night