shineek

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
i wanted to ask wich file has the weapon names , i hacked my PS0 US version so it will have the japanese vending machine weapons , but they have names like shiled , saber and so on , i looked for a while now but maybe im still to new to hacking , could someone help me out with this?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that your hack is just effecting the Vending Machine codes...
Meaning the items you get from it, will not be the Japanese item, but the same item you'd end up with by trading a special item from the Japanese game to the US game -- which is a generic item of that type.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
shineek said:
i wanted to ask wich file has the weapon names , i hacked my PS0 US version so it will have the japanese vending machine weapons , but they have names like shiled , saber and so on , i looked for a while now but maybe im still to new to hacking , could someone help me out with this?
Oooh, what's the shiled? Not seen that yet - is it a big sword or a pointy stick?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
shineek said:
Oooh, what's the shiled? Not seen that yet - is it a big sword or a pointy stick?
I think they're big and round and when not typo'd, called "Shield".
tongue.gif

NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started looking into the unpacked files for the game myself and I'm very interested in this. What files did you switch/move to let you access the vending machine weapons in the US game? And also, the big question is, are the weapon models the generic US ones after you get the item, or are they the japanese originals. The ones that stand out that aren't available in the US game are the Samus Power Beam, Hylian Shield, and two Mario Warp Pipe Bazookas. Normally, if these weapons are traded from a japanese to us game, the stats remain unchanged, but the weapon models become a generic pistol, shield, and bazookas respectively. I really want to figure out where the weapon models are stored in the japanese version and swap those out in the US one...

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
NeoMatrix2525 said:
I just started looking into the unpacked files for the game myself and I'm very interested in this. What files did you switch/move to let you access the vending machine weapons in the US game? And also, the big question is, are the weapon models the generic US ones after you get the item, or are they the japanese originals. The ones that stand out that aren't available in the US game are the Samus Power Beam, Hylian Shield, and two Mario Warp Pipe Bazookas. Normally, if these weapons are traded from a japanese to us game, the stats remain unchanged, but the weapon models become a generic pistol, shield, and bazookas respectively. I really want to figure out where the weapon models are stored in the japanese version and swap those out in the US one...

I'm very interested too, but before that we need to make sure that the items models ARE deleted, because the items maybe are with other ID. We need to check some AR codes of all weapons available in US version.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
I'm very interested too, but before that we need to make sure that the items models ARE deleted, because the items maybe are with other ID. We need to check some AR codes of all weapons available in US version.
Given that the items from the J game will transfer to the U game and have the stats, but not the name or look...
The items have probably been renamed and re-skinned like the other items that is possible to get like the Nintendo Power Magazine.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
twiztidsinz said:
TyRaNtM said:
Given that the items from the J game will transfer to the U game and have the stats, but not the name or look...
The items have probably been renamed and re-skinned like the other items that is possible to get like the Nintendo Power Magazine.

I know that, but for example, in the original Phantasy Star Online, you can play with others plataforms, like the PC version with the GameCube one. With this, some rare items that you trade between that versions, transform in others, because the ID of that items are changed.

That's because we need to check a official list of items hacked with AR if the items models are still in the game (with other ID).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
I know that, but for example, in the original Phantasy Star Online, you can play with others plataforms, like the PC version with the GameCube one. With this, some rare items that you trade between that versions, transform in others, because the ID of that items are changed.

That's because we need to check a official list of items hacked with AR if the items models are still in the game (with other ID).
The fact that the items have the same stats between versions implies the ItemID is still used, but all other info (name and skin) has been changed.
If the ItemID between the Japanese and US items was different, an error when transferring rather than a generic item with the same stats.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
twiztidsinz said:
TyRaNtM said:

The fact that the items have the same stats between versions implies the ItemID is still used, but all other info (name and skin) has been changed.
If the ItemID between the Japanese and US items was different, an error when transferring rather than a generic item with the same stats.

In my example, not all items ID are different. In a fact, only a 5% of items (the most rares), was the only that have different ID, but the items was still in the game.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
In my example, not all items ID are different. In a fact, only a 5% of items (the most rares), was the only that have different ID, but the items was still in the game.
Pretty sure your example is wrong or poorly worded...
(First you say the ItemIDs are changed, then you say most are the same)

Anyway... ItemID #1027 will always be ItemID #1027 when you trade it unless there's something to convert it.
But if ItemID #1027 on the J version is Samus' gun transforms to a generic handgun with the same stats on the US version, then that pretty much means the generic handgun is Item ID #1027 as I doubt that there is a conversion being run on the item to change it.

A better way to test this is:[*]Get a special weapon on the J version[*]Trade it to the US version and note what it converts to[*]Trade it back (preferably to a different character, even better different cart) to the J versionIf the item becomes the special item type again, then it's pretty certain that the items were changed to unskinned and unnamed versions for the US, since it would be pretty doubtful that they had the foresight to implement a "backwards" US to J item conversion.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Breaking News! I could successfully add the special weapons of the Japanese version in the USA version!
I'm making final adjustments, such as checking if the sounds of the weapons work properly (at least the animation works great).
I think it might soon release a patch with the undub that I had done before.

And if you ask, the weapons still have the USA name (like the Hylia Shield is called Shield, but IS the Hylia Shield).

shineek

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well ive dont this for a while already i was just asking wich file has the weapon names , also why do you bother trading the weapons from japanese version to us if you can use youre JP save file in the US version , both versions are compatible and you can use youre old save file (if you played the JP version) .

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shineek said:
well ive dont this for a while already i was just asking wich file has the weapon names , also why do you bother trading the weapons from japanese version to us if you can use youre JP save file in the US version , both versions are compatible and you can use youre old save file (if you played the JP version) .
Where did you hear that saves are compatible between JP and US versions?
Everything I've read said that the JP and US have incompatible saves.

shineek

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
i didint hear it i tested it on my acekard 2.1 with akaio 1.5 firmware , i just changed the name and the jp save worked on my US rom . if you have a acekard try it yourself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.