Gaming Phantasy Star Portable 2 problems

Monkeydrummer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks. I am having a problem running PSP2. Basically, I have a version of it that I bought from PSN. I recently got into custom firmware (Prometheus v2) and every game I put on a card has worked except for my original copy of PSP2 that was already on there. When I try to load up the game now, I get the error - "This game could not be started. (80010087)"

Anyone had this problem? I'd mainly like to be able to continue playing offline, but it'd be nice to be able to play online too. I saw some threads mentioning two files you can do something with to play online (Not PSNLover 1.2. I already have that), but they only mentioned the files and not what or where or how to fix those files. Aside from that, I don't seem to have those files...

Anyways, sorry to ask for something on my first post. I'm a long time lurker, but everything about CFW is great aside from this problem and I don't want to have to go back to official firmware to play it. Any help is appreciated.
yaypsp.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Push select on your main XMB...does a little menu pop up? If so change the UMD Mode to the Sony np9660 driver.

If it doesn't fully power off, then hold down the Right Shoulder button with your index finger and power on keeping it depressed. The Recovery menu pops up. From there - Configuration - UMD Mode - Sony np9660

Alternatively put a UMD in the drive.

Monkeydrummer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I do have the menu when I hit select and I set it, but it's still not working. Then tried from the recovery menu. Popped a UMD in also, but still same error message every time.
unsure.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sorry, i didn't read that you were using a PSN version purchased one. You won't be able to play that on CFW....

Monkeydrummer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it loads up fine in single player now. Online says I need to update, though. I figured I would have this problem. I have PSNLover 1.2 as I mentioned earlier and I can access the PSN store, but I know there's two files I need to mess with to get online games to work properly. They are two text files, I believe, but I definitely do not have them. Can anyone tell me how to get those? Also, would it be bad for the PSP if I were to flash it back and forth from OFW to CFW? Thanks again, folks. I appreciate it!

Monkeydrummer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, but I just switched it and same error. If PSNLover 1.2 was working, I would be able to access PSN right? I am able to get on there and stuff, just no online working for games. Not sure what's up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-