Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst: Still Play?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Bowser-jr, Feb 17, 2012.

Feb 17, 2012
  1. Bowser-jr
    OP

Member Bowser-jr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Does anyone still play this game? I mean there is a SCHTHACK server online still and was wondering if anyone still plays this game. I just started playing this game and looking for anyone to kinda play the game with and such.

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    Yes, but people who play consistently are very few and far between.

@[member='prowler_'] and a few other people I know are into it on some level. My highest character is only a level 40 RAmarl..

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I'm only level 6-7 since 4 months :(
    I don't play very often because I'm busy doing other things.

I wanted to change my character's outfit's color, but I guess it can't be done without the hack editor (but I can be banned).
    I'm wondering if it's better to start a new character instead while I'm still low level.

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    i used to play all the time but since i never use my computer anymore, i can't really play.
    i'm hoping to start playing again some time soon (my highest level is around 100)
    just go into the dressing room when selecting your character.
    there's also software to unlock the full dressing room or you can make your character an npc with a trainer.

5. Cyan

France
    I thought the full dressing room was required.
    if there's already a dressing room in the game, I'll use it. Thanks.

6. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    just FYI you won't get banned for using the hacks on that link I provided.

7. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I might have to get back into playing. Last time I played PSO was on XBOX. Whats the difference between Blue Burst and that one?

8. exangel

United States
    Blue Burst includes Episode 4 which was otherwise not released (there isn't much else except possibly a class that wasn't available in Episodes I & II for GC/XBOX)
    There's also no in-game voice compared to XBOX >

9. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Xbox version is just Episode I & II, Blue Burst has episode 4, as well as changes/stuff added. SCHTHACK has changed drop rates to make it easier and less grindy.

It is the superior version, I guess but I didn't play Ep. 4 that much. Just don't get used to SCHTHACK for when PSO2 comes around :wink:

10. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    No voice chat don't bother me. I played the XBOX version for only a short time and when I played I usually used the keyboard adaptor and chated that way. I own the original Dreamcast version 1 and played that shit non-stop for months when it first came out. I have the GC version and Ep.3 aswell but by the time I got them I was a little burnt out on PSO. Is it free to play BB on the SCHTHACK server?

Shit I forgot about PSO2 coming.

11. exangel

United States
    Yes, it is. And their forums offer a lot of guidance on getting it working properly.
    You can play it with an XBOX 360 or other windows game controller.. but you can also use shortcuts on your 1 thru 9 or 0 keys (can't remember off the top of my head) on the main keyboard (though figuring out how to bind them was a bitch.. you do it through the customization interface as though you're about to customize a palette button, but hit one of the number row buttons when selecting the spell/ability instead).

You can also just WASD move.

FWIW I played the shit out of PSOv2 on Dreamcast (still only counts as Episode 1). HUnewearl & FOmarl mains and also a RAcaseal (for Challenge & Battle Mode) and FOnewearl alt.

edit: Ep 3 is not in Blue Burst, I never touched that as I was informed it was a useless and irrelevant piece of shit (idk if that was wrong but I didn't even have a GC, so I ignored its existence)

12. Cyan

France
    I played only PSO v1 on dreamcast.
    I'm playing episode I only for the moment to get used to the game system again.

I don't have a PC controller, so I'm playing it with the Wii+GC controller+PadSend homebrew, which sends input through wifi :)
    It's working great.

edit:
    Oh, and for users without a Qwerty keyboard : I needed to add English language to my window and set PSO window to "EN" in the language toolbar, or else I couldn't even type the log/pass.

1 person likes this.
  13. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I can't remember what level I reached... Maybe 70-80. I played for such a long time on GameCube...

14. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Great game, was suggesting this to a friend a few days ago :)

15. Bowser-jr
    OP

Member Bowser-jr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, i was just wondering and all.

The dressing can be unlocked in game. Just have to make a team; no need for hacks or anything.

Voice chat you can just run skype in the back ground while playing with friends. though most will probably not want to voice chat with random players they don't even know well.

As for when PSO2 comes out (if it comes to NA), this game will be in the wind; forgotten...sorta.