RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by cpasjuste, Feb 21, 2018.

1. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    Absolute legend!

2. Lineacero

Lineacero GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    @Bisk8 yeahhhhhhhhhh,,,thanks,,,thanks,,thanks,,,:hrth::hrth::hrth::grog::arco::arco::arco:

3. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    glad to see you here because the nro file that came in download link i sent you is old v2.0 it has some sound issue with games like the bust a move games so i recommend v3.4 . i have also made a forwarder for this let me know if you want it.

4. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    Oh that'd be awesome, yes thank you!

5. cpasjuste
    OP

cpasjuste GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Ninn, hausa51 and ModderFokker619 like this.
  6. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    ok i will send link via PM

7. Winklepicker

Winklepicker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    Could anyone who has made a skin post how to change the values, and which does which in the config?

I have made some skins for pFBA and pNES that wanted to try out, but no idea how the config works.

8. Bisk8

Bisk8 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2018
    Portugal
    I cant be of much help right now because I'm not at home, but you can download the skin I made and compare the config file with the default one to see the values I changed.
    I remember the skin is made of various "boxes", for the rom list, image, rom info and so on. In the config file you can edit the background color, outline, x/y position and size for each of those "boxes".
    You need to edit those values to see what they do and keep experimenting.
    I can't be of more help right now, maybe cpasjuste could say more how they work

9. cpasjuste
    OP

cpasjuste GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2015
    France
    Yeah, that's basically this. In fact, its very easy to understand (I think) when you can easily test it (Linux only for now). In the past days iv been working on the windows port, which is now working correctly. Unfortunately, I also started adding other stuff ("screenscraper scraper") so it is currently in a non " releasable" state. It will probably take weeks for the next release, but then it will be easier for you guys.

I should, anyway, write a doc for skins config files. But there will be some change in the future so I'm waiting for this to be in a perfect shape. Development is slow, but it will continue for the next few years.

Last edited by cpasjuste, May 19, 2019 at 7:07 PM
    Lineacero and SmashinGit like this.
  10. Bisk8

Bisk8 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2018
    Portugal
    I had to test it on the switch when I made the changes, dont know why but I couldn't make it work on linux, but my linux knowledge is very limited do a windows version would be very appreciated :yay:.
    I would really like to see a gba emulator ported with this frontend :D

11. tallpr24

tallpr24 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    can someone help me? i have this running on my switch, everything works but it doesn't see the title art or icons. They are all in the correct folder structure
    pfba\support\titles
    pfba\support\icons

I don't see any line I can edit for the patch for cover art. do I need to manually add the lines to the config file?

12. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    California
    Titles artwork has to match rom names

13. tallpr24

tallpr24 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    yes, all the names match. i think the pfba paths are different than in the windows version

14. Bisk8

Bisk8 Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2018
    Portugal
    You have them in the wrong folder
    When you extract the zip file you have
    pfba/icons
    pfba/titles

That is where the files need to be
    Like many things the file structure is different between pfba and fba on pc