Petition About Nintendo's Online Service.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Nintendo have always ripped the UK off, and no amount of petitioning is ever going to change that.

They hate the U.K. because, during the 80s, the home microcomputers (Sinclair, Commodore, Amstard et al.)were such a dominant force, that the NES hardly registered on most people's radars here.

And they have never forgiven us.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeh. Heres my 0.0126 Euro on the subject.

Nintendo makes decisions based on sales. Why wont they do anything about their current online service? Their products are rarely left in stock more than an hour, anywhere that I know of. Other people have attempted petitions to Nintendo in the past(Here) Only to be mentioned in a press interview later.

If petitioning Nintendo were an effective method of persuasion, We would have Mother 3 (In the US).

I have rarely had problems with the service Ninty provides. When smash came out, I couldnt connect, but that was a firewall issue on my side, not Nintendo. Once I fixed that, I had no issues whatsoever. Sure, having to enter a separate code for everyone is a pain, but how bad do you want to brawl/kart online? If Live & PSN are that much better, then hang out there instead
tongue.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Tanas said:
Nintendo have always ripped the UK off, and no amount of petitioning is ever going to change that.

They hate the U.K. because, during the 80s, the home microcomputers (Sinclair, Commodore, Amstard et al.)were such a dominant force, that the NES hardly registered on most people's radars here.

Behave yourself...

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanas said:
thebobevil said:
Tanas said:

Behave yourself...

It's actually true ... Nintendo have no faith in the U.K. as a market because of their poor sales here in the 80s ... I know of what I speak.

chalupa

Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
I don't see what's wrong with Nintendo's online service. It does what it was set up to do, no more, no less. Also, go outside and meet your friends.

But it does NOT do what it is supposed to. I have yet to get a random match working in SSBB.

noamkot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Pathetic online is just a symptom.
Nintendo has all but abandoned hardcore gamers this generation. The small underdog company has moved into the fashion and gimmick industries while utilizing ugly marketing tricks.
Quality Nintendo games are like a needle in a haystack and over time the bright white cover and fancy blue light won't be able to conceal the utterly cheap hardware and hideously clumsy controls.
Online petitions are futile. Nintendo doesn't care about gamers and their needs, It marvels the profits that non gamers/false hype consumers have delivered it and its sole efforts are to prolong the hype for as much as it possibly can with infantile worthless pieces of plastic like the zapper, wheel and rag.
Nintendo would have to work real hard to earn my trust the next time around. I used to be a Nintendo fanboy but now my WII gathers dust while I enjoy the superior experience offered by both competitors.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
noamkot said:
Pathetic online is just a symptom.
Nintendo has all but abandoned hardcore gamers this generation. The small underdog company has moved into the fashion and gimmick industries while utilizing ugly marketing tricks.
Quality Nintendo games are like a needle in a haystack and over time the bright white cover and fancy blue light won't be able to conceal the utterly cheap hardware and hideously clumsy controls.
Online petitions are futile. Nintendo doesn't care about gamers and their needs, It marvels the profits that non gamers/false hype consumers have delivered it and its sole efforts are to prolong the hype for as much as it possibly can with infantile worthless pieces of plastic like the zapper, wheel and rag.
Nintendo would have to work real hard to earn my trust the next time around. I used to be a Nintendo fanboy but now my WII gathers dust while I enjoy the superior experience offered by both competitors.

yeah, i have to agree with you on that, i miss the simplicity of old nintendo games on the nes, sometimes i find myself playing more old skool simpler games than modern ones, i wouldn't know what to do if the Wii was my main console lol

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thebobevil said:
Vater Unser said:
(and Nintendo's highly overpriced console)

Are you high?
I wish
nyanya.gif

QUOTE said:
Both the Wii & the DS are very reasonably priced consoles.
What makes you believe that?
Due to the recent price drop (at least in Europe), the XBox360 Arcade bundle (199€) is now officially a good deal cheaper than the Wii (249€), and the X360 Premium bundle (269€) is just insignificantly more expensive than the Wii - and those are just the MSRP, many shops actually sell the XBox360 Premium bundle for 249€....
Now, I know the X360 is still more expensive than the Wii in the US, but that doesn't change the fact that the Wii has a ridiculously low value in comparison to the X360...

QUOTEHow much would you think is reasonable for the most popular console?
What does the success of a console have to do with its value?
blink.gif

QUOTE( @ Apr 10 2008, 02:01 PM)
There's plenty of good free stuff. But when it's free, you can't complain about the quality, because.. you don't pay for it.
You still did pay for the console itself, but did that include the online services?
Once again: the online mode is one of the main features of the game...if I pay for the game, I also pay for the online feature which is part of the game...

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
spinal_cord said:
How much would you think is reasonable for the most popular console?
What does the success of a console have to do with its value?
blink.gif

Well... If something is unsuccessful, the value of it drops and it becomes cheaper because they need to sell that 'something'. If something is successful, the price of it stays the same or in some cases increase (eg. the R4) because it's in demand and people are buying it regardless of its price.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
QUOTE said:
Both the Wii & the DS are very reasonably priced consoles.
What makes you believe that?
Due to the recent price drop (at least in Europe), the XBox360 Arcade bundle (199€) is now officially a good deal cheaper than the Wii (249€), and the X360 Premium bundle (269€) is just insignificantly more expensive than the Wii - and those are just the MSRP, many shops actually sell the XBox360 Premium bundle for 249€....
Now, I know the X360 is still more expensive than the Wii in the US, but that doesn't change the fact that the Wii has a ridiculously low value in comparison to the X360...
O.o in the US the Wii is $250, while the cheapest 360 is $300 (I think), and that's the arcade version that no one wants because it lacks all addons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ