Petition About Nintendo's Online Service.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
There's something you lot don't get.
Petitions are useless, especially the online ones.

Plain simple: you get what you pay for. What do you pay for? Wait, you don't pay for Nintendo's online service.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even less likely to work than a picket line, outside their offices.

Nintendo have only introduced their online servies as a nod to the fact that some people want them ... if it were up to them, there'd be no online play.

The Friend Code system is more of a discouragement to online gamers, than it is a security measure, which is what it is billed as. Wait and see what a chore the new Animal Crossing MMO is gonna be, for example, as clear sign of their hatred of online.

They want multiplayer, but in homes, around a single set ... not online.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pretty much every magazine and gaming related website in existince has complained about Nintendo's online service ever since Mario Kart DS was released....There's no way Nintendo isn't aware that their service sucks and leaves everyone dissatisfied...
I highly doubt this is going to work, unless maybe you're able to collect like 1 million signatures...good luck
wacko.gif

PS: I find it amusing that this petition has more diggs than signatures
rofl2.gif

D

Deleted User

As great as it would be if it did work, it won't.
Don't say 'at least we can hope' because that won't work - the fact is online petitions rarely ever work.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
Also, go outside and meet your friends.

That part is totally true ... and part of Nintendo's way of thinking, believe it, or not.

[Side-Note : I have finally finished my work, 'til Monday ... so, I am catching up on some games during the daytime, and raisin' Hell, after dark ... well, 'til Monday, anyway lol]

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Dugg and signed. You should have added some info about the lag in SSBB, because it was horrible.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Costello said:

Plain simple: you get what you pay for. What do you pay for? Wait, you don't pay for Nintendo's online service.

This logic is seriously flawed. PSN is free and is miles better than Nintendo's sorry excuse for online.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Costello said:
Ugh, that's a lame excuse for their bad online service...
Nintendo's online service lacks very basic features (like being able to communicate with other players
wacko.gif
) that are easy to implement and don't require any maintenance once implemented...
Why is it that PS3 and PC games offer great online services for free?

You may not pay a subscription fee for the online service, but you're paying for the game (and Nintendo's highly overpriced console) after all...and since the online mode is a central aspect in Mario Kart Wii, one would expect it not to suck
dry.gif

It's not like Nintendo couldn't afford a good online service...

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hey, second degree anyone?
There's plenty of good free stuff. But when it's free, you can't complain about the quality, because.. you don't pay for it.
You still did pay for the console itself, but did that include the online services?

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Costello said:

Good point.

But I believe there was a time in which an online petition was created to get Capcom to port Okami to the Nintendo Wii, which was successful in a way. I always thought they were intending to bring it to the Wii in the first place but they made it seem as if they had bent to the will of their customers to look good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality