PETA's Cooking Mama Is Disturbing...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope who ever makes cooking mama sues the shit out of peta for this... also i thought super chick sisters was bad... but this is worst.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't agree on this Veggi stuff. I mean if everyone in the world were vegans then the animals would over populate. And also we would consume double the vegetation than we consume now to replace the meat, now don't forget about the animals consume rate also. We would eventually have to start eating grass! That is if the animals don't finish it first....

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
I don't agree on this Veggi stuff. I mean if everyone in the world were vegans then the animals would over populate. And also we would consume double the vegetation than we consume now to replace the meat, now don't forget about the animals consume rate also. We would eventually have to start eating grass! That is if the animals don't finish it first....

You sound oh so smart right now, I'm truly jealous of your intellect
smileipb2.png

You are absolutely right in that the world cannot sustain the current human population on foods of non-animal sources, but that does not mean that the rate at which we kill them, as well as the manner in which they are raised for the sake of dying, should remain how it is. As is, people waste food, throw it in for no reason, and consume a meat-to-fruit/veggie ratio that is just generally unhealthy; these people are wasting their own health as well as others' lives - that's the main reason I became a vegetarian, to at least try to compensate for those disgusting acts.

For the record, as I said, the typical American diet ratio (meat-to-fruit/veggie/etc - made it up) is way out of whack, eating large portions of meat at every meal, and having most vegetables coming from V8 or potato chips that have '1 serving of vegetables!'. It would way more than double our consumption of vegetation if we switched to a 100% vegetarian diet. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "now don't forget about the animals consume rate also." (I think it's just grammatically silly, but it is about 4:00am, so maybe I'm just reading it wrong), but if you were talking about herbivorous animals, then yeah. We give them foods as it is - more, in fact, than they would ever get in the wild, especially fat-rich foods. Animals would typically just eat grass and leaves, and things like that, with a side of vegetables when available. Also, just for the record, humans can not live on grass as you implied (at least in my interpretation - again, 4am, but yeah). Grass is almost entirely sugars. It doesn't taste terrible actually, in my opinion, but it can only extend a life of starvation for a little while - it's good for quick energy when you're in a bind though.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously, there are 300 million+ Americans. It's a necessary evil, from a realistic standpoint. We'd have no other way to get people their meat at an affordable price if there weren't such horrible conditions.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love the game.
rolleyes.gif
it shows us yet again how insane peta is.......
and the last part about the animal sanctuary's remembers me about the south park episode......

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Peta gives animal rights groups a terrible rep. Have you seen the flier comic they handed out at a school without permission about how "Your Mommy Kills Animals"? Features a "mom" in an apron with a butcher knife killing an adorable cartoon rabbit with a look of abject terror on it's face. Oh, and the one they handed out at school too that features rotting fox carcasses with maggots all over them.

And the fun fact that the animals Peta "rescues" don't get adopted out? An investigation proved that 99% of the animals that go into Peta get put to sleep and the bodies stored in a mass freezer until they can be dumped. They caught several Peta employees dumping animal bodies and autopsies proved there was nothing wrong with the animals at all. They were young and healthy and would have been fine to adopt out. There were a whole crapload of charges brought against them and there's a huge controversy over whether or not to revoke Peta's tax exempt status as a charity organization.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They seem like a Nazi organisation. So if it's supposed to mean "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals" then they contradict themselves, I don't see how it's ethical to put a perfectly healthy animal down.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
SylvWolf said:
It's a necessary evil, from a realistic standpoint. We'd have no other way to get people their meat at an affordable price if there weren't such horrible conditions.
And is that really a critical necessity? Do all these people really have to have meat for every single meal? Is it "necessary" to have choice cuts (because nobody eats offal) at low prices, every day? Meat is not "affordable"; it's dirt cheap. Realistically, that's completely unnecessary. Realistically, you need meat two to three times a week, not four times a day. Realistically, the amount of meat you'd be able to produce free range (and not in boxes) would be more than enough to satisfy the actual need for meat, everything above that is unnecessary and wasteful. I eat meat, I'm not against eating meat, but claiming that it's "necessary" for everyone to have access to dirt cheap meat at all times is a spoiled and wasteful outlook, and completely and utterly wrong.

kitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If PETA tried to sue me for my freezing to half-death and having to kill and skin an animal of its thick hides to keep myself warm, I'd damn myself for not jamming an arrow from my bow to their mouths just so they can shut the fuck up.

I was dying back there, and yet you wiseasses only think about cute fluffy animals (and hypocritically ignore snakes and other "ugly" creatures). Actually that's one other reason why I think PETA is a lost cause for an organization.

I want these people to stay 1km away each person who is less stupid, and if I ever find out that anyone in my class is a PETArd, I'm going to exhaust my physical resources to stay as far back away from him/her as I can. PETA makes salad taste even more repulsive without feta cheese. You want me to be part-vegan for once? Stop acting like idiots.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing the turkey in the pumpkin-thing when it loaded, I quickly X'd it out. I can assume what kind of game it would be. People have the sickest minds in this world.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kitetsu said:
If PETA tried to sue me for my freezing to half-death and having to kill and skin an animal of its thick hides to keep myself warm, I'd damn myself for not jamming an arrow from my bow to their mouths just so they can shut the fuck up.

I was dying back there, and yet you wiseasses only think about cute fluffy animals (and hypocritically ignore snakes and other "ugly" creatures). Actually that's one other reason why I think PETA is a lost cause for an organization.

I want these people to stay 1km away each person who is less stupid, and if I ever find out that anyone in my class is a PETArd, I'm going to exhaust my physical resources to stay as far back away from him/her as I can. PETA makes salad taste even more repulsive without feta cheese. You want me to be part-vegan for once? Stop acting like idiots.
Snakes are far from ugly. They're sexy. Although I'm all for the ethical treatment of ALL animals I totally agree with you. It annoys me that PETA push vegetarianism on people when people have to think "what about animals", they kill for their benefit. Must we make crocodiles vegetarian because we think eating a water buffalo is cruel? Hell no. People should be able to eat other animals to survive, but animals must be treated "kindly". PETA just talk complete crap.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the reasons why PETA is a bunch of fucking morons.

As a vegetarian for ethical reasons, they offend me and give me a bad name. If you're going to make Cooking Mama look bad because she occasionally throws some meat with the vegetables, then I guess that a huge majority of the human population are bad. Cooking Mama is about goddamn cooking, not slaughtering animals.

I hope this shit gets taken down. Go at them Nintendo. They don't deserve a dime.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
giratina16 said:
It annoys me that PETA push vegetarianism on people when people have to think "what about animals", they kill for their benefit. Must we make crocodiles vegetarian because we think eating a water buffalo is cruel? Hell no. People should be able to eat other animals to survive, but animals must be treated "kindly". PETA just talk complete crap.
Just what? Nobody is trying to make any animal vegetarian. You are just making things up, and using that as a reason to dislike a group of people (and as new-welfarists, I also dislike peta - but for very different reasons to you).

The (lack of) intelligence on gbatemp has always surprised me, but some threads just show it far more than others. Guess it is still the school-holidays?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate PETA. Why ? The organization has practiced euthanasia for years. Since 1998 PETA has killed more than 17,000 animals, nearly 85 percent of all those it has rescued. Shelters around the country kill 4 million animals every year; by some estimates, more than 80 percent of them are healthy. In recent years those grim statistics have split the animal rights community. Ironically, PETA has emerged as a strong proponent of euthanasia.

A no-kill shelter is an animal shelter where animals are only euthanized if they are too sick to be treated or too aggressive to be suitable for adoption,. No-kill shelters reject euthanasia as a means of population control. No-kill shelters are trying to end this killing by increasing the demand for shelter dogs and cats and reducing the supply by reducing the number of animals born and thus the number of animals which end up in shelters, and through increased spay/neuter, including low-cost/free help for low-income people.

A no-kill shelter is better than PETA. PETA is the WORST kind of hypocrite!!!

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
Snakes are far from ugly. They're sexy.

Yes. Yes they are
biggrin.gif

I have a lovely ball python named Scylla.

Is PETA gonna tell me it's not ok for her to eat the mice I feed her?

Psh. Humans have been omnivores for millenia. It's what nature made us. It's not unnatural for us to eat meat any more than it's unnatural for any other predator to eat meat. Excessive cruelty to the animals we kill for food/resources is unnecessary, sure, but there's nothing wrong with eating meat. It's nature's food chain just as much as every other predator/prey setup in the animal world.

EDIT: to rockmanforte: I agree with you. That's why I would donate to the SPCA over PETA. They only euthanize animals if it's the only option and they go out of their way to find homes for every animal they bring in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up