PES 2008 osd meanings

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by lou_weed, Mar 22, 2008.

1. lou_weed
    OP

lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2008
    Iceland
    As I've never played other PES games , i dont know the meaning of some markings on players:

- red/green square besides his name
    - sometimes the player's name is yellow (opposing to white on other players)

btw, anyone got a scan of a manual somewhere ?

2. TC!

TC! Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    Depends where you see the re/green thing, but if it is during the game I think red is for attackers and green is for midfielders.

The player's name is yellow because he has a yellow card. It's useful as it reminds you not to try a sliding tackle with that guy or he could get sent off.

I really hope someone ups a manual soon, the tutorials go so far but I'm sure I'm missing some things, mainly defending.

3. lou_weed
    OP

lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2008
    Iceland
    1st, thanks a lot . you're right : blue=defender , green=midfielders , red=forwards
    yeah , i hate it when they make you progress thru the "adventure" mode in order to see the advanced tutorials..

the things i've picked up so far :
    - shake the wiimote (instead of the nunchuk) in order to make a chip shot - above the goalie when he pulls out.
    - "grab" a player with A (keep A pressed) and press Z in order to slide tackle ( no shaking involved - some kind of precise defense movement needed..)
    - when attacking :"click" on the player with the ball , he will slowly dribble and keep the ball (if he's talented enough and got only one defender on him) , than you can arrange all the moves for current attack. a great feature to use in midfield/wings .
    - use the d-pad on the wiimote to change the level of pressure on the field (1 to 5 , right/left/center) - its shown on the lower corners (left/right : according to your defense position) . its actually good when you want to see your far players when taking a corner and using camera type 2.

edit: added 4th bullet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice