Personal Organizer for DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kalisiin, Aug 14, 2009.

Aug 14, 2009

Personal Organizer for DS? by Kalisiin at 5:08 AM (1,036 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Kalisiin
    OP

Member Kalisiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd love to know if anyone has yet come up with...or is willing to try...coming up with a personal organizer program for DS.

If anyone is familiar with ReminderFox, the Firefox add-on...this is precisely the sort of thing I'd be looking for.

Something where you can put in important appointments, and then be reminded about them when you turn on the DS. Don't need a lot of functionality, not quite like a whole PDA...just a simple, easy, program that reminds you when you have appointments coming up.

If they can do an alarm clock, someone should be able to tackle this one.

Personally, I'd even PAY for such an application...as long as it was thoroughly tested and checked out first, to make sure it doesn't fuck up anything else I already have in the DS.

2. Senbonzaku101

Member Senbonzaku101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I assume you've already tried DSOrganize, but if not it has a to-do list but not in time organizer form. It does however have a Contacts feature as well as a Scribble note pad.

3. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just a note on DSOrganize, while the latest version is v3.2 some folks have reported file corruption errors with that version making v3.1129 the more stable release.

4. player594

Member player594 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    File corruption happens with any ver. of DSO. I've tried several and all corrupted my card to where I had to reformat it.

5. ChuckMcB

United Kingdom
    Nasty, thankfully that's not what I've found player594.

6. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    There's a homebrew called "Morning Timer" which is like an alarm clock type app which is packed full of features, could be what you are searching for. I don't know where to download it (Check GBATemp.net downloads) though I know it comes packaged with Sakura.

7. ChuckMcB

United Kingdom
    "Morning Timer" is bundled with Moonshell2 from memory.

8. Kalisiin
    OP

United States
    Don't have Moonshell, so Morning Timer is out. I have AKAIO.

And from what I have heard of DS Organize, I'm reluctant to put it on my card, because it might foul up my whole SD Card...

I would like something solid, that won't screw up my card,, and can be used with AKAIO.

9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    morning timer works fine without moonshell, and moonshell is an application anyway, so you could just download it. its not hard to get.

10. Kalisiin
    OP

United States
    So, does Morning Timer actually give you an option of setting important appointments, like, weeks in advance?

If it can run without Moonshell...and it can do what I need for it to do, this might be what I'm looking for.

Basically, I'd like a little datebook, as it were, so I can keep track of my many doctor's appointments (I am on disability, and only work part-time, the rest of the time, I'm in one doctor's office or another, bleah, getting old is hell...)

ON EDIT: Thanks for the referal to the Downloads link here. I actually found a different program, highly rated, that looks more like what I am looking for, called "DSchedule 080119"

I think I might try that one.

BUT, before I put ANY homebrew on my card, I am first backing up the entire contents of my sd card onto an 8 gig flash drive...and making a second SD card...that way, I have a backup in case this or any other program screws up my card.

I learned my lesson with the 1.4 "upgrade" I'm never trusting anything again, not without a way to go back where I was before I started, ya know it?

11. Kalisiin
    OP

United States
    DSchedule seems to work for what I was wanting...it is a bit cumbersome, takes some getting used to...how to enter events, but it works.
    Would like something a bit less cumbersome to use, a bit more user-friendly (and with American date/time format, not Euro, thanks!!)

But for now, till I find something better, this works.