Hacking Persona 4 - No Ghetto Music Mod (vita)

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far so Good.....................Not Entirely Sure, if, "what availables", will be good enough to use. Its really too early in the process of me looking into this anyway.

1. (decrypt_VITA_win64_5252020) decrypt game from nonpdrm data base (PCSE00120)
[Release]Decrypt and launch PSN Store Vita games without plugins

2. extract "data.cpk" from ftp vita (or just pull it from your decrypted game on your pc)
3. creat the ".csv" filelist, drag "data.cpk" on to "CpkFilelistDumper.exe"
4. unpack "data.cpk" using "CriPakTools_x64", extract files to folder named "data"
5. using "SonicAudioTools", unpack "snd00_bgm_streamfiles.awb" in the "sound/adx2/bgm" folder
Simply drag the ACB onto the "AcbEditor.exe". To repack, drag the resulting folder onto the "AcbEditor.exe" (make sure the ".snd00_bgm.acb" is in the "AcbEditor" folder, when you drag your audio back to repack it) (you should have .at9, audio files)

Play Convert/Play "At9 Files"
6. "AT9&AT3_Converter_V2.3"

7. inside the "data" folder add the contents of the "crifilesystem - CPK MAKER" into that, make sure your "persona4.csv" (your .csv file from CpkFilelistDumper) is included

Double Click this .batch file in your "data" folder (combining the files in step 7)
cpkmakec.exe persona4.csv umd0.cpk -dir=%cd% -align=2048 -mode=FILENAME -view

dCSmYG4.jpg

(Your New "data.cpk" file should be built)
(This Should also work for building the persona 3 .cpk in the other No Ghetto thread, if just renaming the folder the "cpkmakec" is in didn't work too)

(You can change .wav to .at9 audio files...........and repack the .cpk file and use as patch or try direct ingame replacement, since the game is decrypted from the first step) (create .csv file, and use to rebuild the .cpk file, same method described in the "Persona 3 No Ghetto Music Mod" Thread)
I'll be back in a few days, see how this goes.
Update 1

(Not Satisfied with What I can Find)

I will just replace one "Ghetto Music File" with a duplicate of another track the game uses (i'm not modifying the audio track in anyway, just replace one "Ghetto Music File" with a dublicate of another Audio Track........not sure how loop points are used with this game for audio files. Its not important if they don't loop, but from what I can find on "google", I'll just duplicate/replace..............I'm not trying to break the game, I only have a problem with a few audio files, like many users! (the in game battle music, swapping that out is another major issue, will have to see also)

Update 2
Battle Music Track 54 - Replacement Track 6

Ghetto Music Track 36 - Replacement Track 53
Ghetto Music Track 39 - Replacement Track 3

(the sound track is by default improved already versus the default of persona 3, thats the only problem I see with it.............guess I'll try to finish things)

Update 3

just replacing the "data.cpk" in the vita, via ftp/vita shell...........the game works fine (the game was decrypted from the first step.

Update 4 Patching Instructions

1. Nonpdrm verion (PCSE00120)
2. Decrypt the Game (decrypt_VITA_win64) - Drag the "PCSE00120" folder to "_decrypt.exe"..........
3. apply the patch to the "data.cpk" file
4. transfer the "PCSE00120_dec" folder, to the root of your "ux0" drive in your vita, ftp/vitashell, press Triangle and select "install"....finished

Xdelta Patcher
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Persona 4 Golden No Ghetto

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12vQLNCgQ3GpZVXKKUbxjefIPQZ3XYkcO/view?usp=sharing

All the Freeware Files Used, or just use the patch

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtCNle40GPkTZ7k66Uom6ItSpWl9ZGiq/view?usp=sharing

Remember the Shadow Hearts games from PS2, it had 1/2/3.........the 3rd game in the series was not serious at all, the level designs were not as thought out either.

Now view the Persona Series............the 5th Game was not serious at all, the levels and game mechanics were also less enduring.............and the sound track sounds like one big version of the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 song with that one vocal line that keeps repeating........."poor taste" was the design goal but the series just washed out. Easy to explain why, bad music choices, no such real world combination "j-pop + hip hop", of any importance.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people...