Gaming Persona 3

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my rather close friend and I just finished up Persona 3 Portable. (I did the Female main character, he did the male.) We both loved it - although he did more noticeably then I did. (He's pretty much went Persona 3 crazy - changed all of his wallpapers on all of his devices to P3P material, and he's called the rest of 8thalga to make a Supercard DSTwo skin based off of it. That should be fun
tongue.gif
)

Does anyone know of any games for the PSP (or the DS) that are like Persona 3? I guess something that's half social life/dating and half battle/gameplay. It's such an awesome blend. I'm trying to convince him to buy us Persona 4, but we both want something portable as well. Do you guys have any suggestions? His little brother has Valkyria Chronicles II, and it has similar art and such, but I guess it doesn't really have that social aspect, which is something I'm personally looking for.

Duero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
shin megami tensei series for nds is great but also persona 1 and 2 for ps1 Persona 4 on ps2 is way better than persona 3 but yeah any persona or shin megami tensei series is great and I know cuz im a super fan of the series sense 4 years back.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Duero said:
shin megami tensei series for nds is great but also persona 1 and 2 for ps1 Persona 4 on ps2 is way better than persona 3 but yeah any persona or shin megami tensei series is great and I know cuz im a super fan of the series sense 4 years back.
But the other SMT games have nothing even remotely similar to Social Links, and:
QUOTEhalf social life/dating and half battle/gameplay
I guess you could say Luminous Arc has both. You can spend time with your party members which raises their affection levels. Oh, Summon Night Twin Age has this too.

Taboo'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Duero said:
She's asking for a portable game that uses the Persona formula.
None of the SMT on DS have the social aspect,also Persona 1 and 2 didnt have it (and the gameplay aged badly), it wasnt until Persona 3 that the Social Links were introduced (Persona 2 is still awesome).
Just stick to Persona 4. You'll just probably find portable games with minimal Social aspects on it.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
That is one thing I enjoyed about persona, but is there really something that similar that's portable....KI mean something that has so something social while still fighting a lot. I don't think they are looking for something exactly like persona 3.

off topic
How long does it normally take to complete Persona 3...I started playing, but I stopped.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into Luminous Arc, but I think that's more 90/10 when it comes to battle aspects and social aspects, respectively. I guess I'm looking for something that's similar to Persona 3 - you talk to friends, build relationships, then go into battle. And it has to be portable - we're going to get Persona 4, but we're tied down to the house to play it, and I need something to play on my way to school :/

Taboo'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
off topic
How long does it normally take to complete Persona 3...I started playing, but I stopped.
70 hours.
I finished it on 110 hours(the FES edition), but thats because i used to grind alot and fused lots of overpowered Personas.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Taboo'd said:
QUOTE said:
off topic
70 hours.
I finished it on 110 hours(the FES edition), but thats because i used to grind alot and fused lots of overpowered Personas.

Oh...that's pretty good...Thats the only downfall of me being able to download games like I do. I have so many that I never really finish one before going to another one. Trying to get a better handle on that.

Anyway...back on topic

I didn't even know Luminous Arc ha social aspects to it....But they should make more social/battle games. It's really fun....When playing Persona 3, I had to remember my character actually has a life outside of just battling monster that would affect his battling on monsters....I might play it some today...Last I remember I was stuck on a boss.

Taboo'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
I'll look into Luminous Arc, but I think that's more 90/10 when it comes to battle aspects and social aspects, respectively. I guess I'm looking for something that's similar to Persona 3 - you talk to friends, build relationships, then go into battle. And it has to be portable - we're going to get Persona 4, but we're tied down to the house to play it, and I need something to play on my way to school :/
Luminous Arc has very minimal Social aspects, you only get a chance to build a relationship with party members AND after completing a chapter, not to mention you also have a limit on how much you can interact with them.
Anyway, by asking that the game needs to have a social aspect, you just pretty much limited your options to almost nothing, as P3 and P4 are the only ones to use this formula (as far as i know)

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Taboo'd said:
QUOTE said:
Luminous Arc has very minimal Social aspects, you only get a chance to build a relationship with party members AND after completing a chapter, not to mention you also have a limit on how much you can interact with them.
Anyway, by asking that the game needs to have a social aspect, you just pretty much limited your options to almost nothing, as P3 and P4 are the only ones to use this formula (as far as i know)

Pretty much...Cause I like games like that and I've played a few, but I can't of anything like Persona 3. Hell when I played persona 3 myself it felt new and like something I've never tried.

Maybe you can you friend could start over and play as the opposite gender....I guess...I don't even know if there are any different between the two to really deserve a 2nd play through.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Taboo'd said:
QUOTE said:

Pretty much...Cause I like games like that and I've played a few, but I can't of anything like Persona 3. Hell when I played persona 3 myself it felt new and like something I've never tried.

Maybe you can you friend could start over and play as the opposite gender....I guess...I don't even know if there are any different between the two to really deserve a 2nd play through.

Well, it doesn't have to be exactly like Persona's social link system - I just want something that has some kind of relationship building in it. I guess I should just ask for dating sims with action in them, as opposed to action games with dating/relationship aspects in them.

There are differences (as we played them at the same time next to each other), but the differences could really be looked up online or something - it's mostly social links and minor story changes to adjust for the new gender. I clocked in at about 54 hours, as did he. But we kept reloading the file whenever we messed up on a social link, so I'm sure we shaved about 10 hours off just doing that xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone