Persona 3 PSP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Dark_linis, Aug 18, 2009.

Aug 18, 2009

Persona 3 PSP by Dark_linis at 7:48 AM (1,693 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Dark_linis
    OP

Member Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My first news topic...I wonder if I'm doing this right....

Any who, the latest Famitsu scans show a advertisement for the upcoming atlus JP title Persona 3 portable

[​IMG]

"Announced in the latest issue of Famitsu, Atlus will be porting the PS2 version of Persona 3 to the PSP with an all new female main character. Whether this means we have the choice to pick between two main characters hasn’t been revealed, yet. It could mean the game will now be solely led by the female character, but that can't be confirmed at this time. "

Source: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-P...ona-3-PSP-bound

Personally, I'm kind of disappointed that the persona 2 games don't look like they'll be getting remade but I'm still totally cool with this.
    (even if they are just cashing in on the Persona series)
    EDIT: Also found this scan
    [​IMG]

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I would've greatly preferred it if it was P4 related, but this is acceptable...

Though, I think P3 already has enough as it as. FES, and The Answer, anyone?

EDIT:Oh. and since the new MC happens to be female, this game requires LESBIAN SOCIAL LINKS.

EDITEDIT: Atlus sure is milking the cash cow. Persona 5? Persona remake? P3 Portable? Well, I know Persona games sell well compared to other SMT games, but this is really too fucking much.

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Wow, that's pretty huge news! I've never played it, so I'm looking forward to it.

4. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    !!!!!

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Some POSSIBLE info about the game, I'm not 100% sure if it's true:

"It's a port of Persona 3, with selectable protagonist. There will be certain things unique to the female route, and there will be some new additions to the male route as well. Otherwise it's the same game with various improvements. Apparently there'll be 5 difficulty levels, and like in P4, you can set your party members on manual control. The game is coming out on 1st Nov."

6. Dark_linis
    OP

Member Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I read that on a forum but It was sourceless so I didn't know if it was credible.

Assuming the current CFW problems are solved by then, I'm going to have a hard time waiting for the Atlus USA release and may just dick around with the japanese.

7. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    And here's what PSP is all about. Ports, ports and more ports. Meh.

Well, I could end up playing this, actually. Never played the original on PS2, but I heard really good things about it.

8. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Me too. Now I dont have to get the PS2 version. Now all we need is Persona 4 PSP and all will be right with the world!

9. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Some other possible info, not confirmed:

[​IMG]

"The port is due November 1st 2009, and will feature a number of changes, the most notable of which is that the protagonist will be a female instead of the previous male.

Additionally, an entirely new character is promised, looking to be a male version of Elizabeth; some gameplay additions in the form of new difficulty levels are also promised."

"It also looks like they're adding new music to the game, and they're definitely rearranging social stuff for the female side, and adding new events. It also says that a downloadable version will launch at the same time as the retail version, and the voice actress for the female main character is Marina Inoue. I guess that's all of the valuable info I can glean from the scans at this point."

10. Maedhros

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    So, it's a NEW character, which you can choose or just a port?
    Well, I'm happy with it, I never had a PS2 and probably never will, but I have a PSP.

11. Maverick_z

Member Maverick_z When did i join again??

Canada
    I actually played Persona 3 and liked it. Though I ended up trading it in and been regretting it. Now that its coming out for the PSP I don't have worry about buying the PS2 version anymore

12. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    Even though PSP has a lot of ports, I don't care, because chances are I've never played the original anyway, so when I see popular games like these being ported, it's great.

13. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Some of that is a bit off. The female and male protagonist are both available. You get to choose your gender at the beginning of the game. The female route has new characters, there is a male version of Elizabeth, its not a new character just a replacement. Persona 3 Portable is based on The Journey (aka Episode Yourself) part of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Fes, but the male’s story won’t be exactly the same. New events will be added to his path. You're allowed to change your Party Members just like in Persona 4 and will have a digital and retail simultaneous release. (on War's date).

News Source: Siliconera

N.A. probably won't see this release until 2010 most likely since it took them 5 months to bring Persona here. Now all we need is Persona 4 and we're set!

14. sa1amandra

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    Ohhhhh Right! Aegis on the go! awsome!

15. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i really am interested in the persona series and after part 4 release, it has become more famous esp on gamefaqs so i think i will get the ps2 version first and nice news for this psp title

16. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Lucky bastards with a PSP... [​IMG]