Hacking Persona 2 Problem and Switching from ME to PRO?

lordqua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm a newbie at hacking and homebrew, but I do try really hard to check out guides and such, however, I have currently been out of the scene for about a year and a half, and am needing a refresher.

I currently have a PSP 1001 (I assumed I had a 1000, but the serial number on mine says 1001) with 6.60 ME-1.8 cfw. I had 1.1, but I was able to remember enough to update to 1.8. But while searching some of this forum, I was noticing that PRO is used a lot. I can't remember for the life of me what and where I had gotten ME. Can anyone tell me the difference? I assume that it's a cfw created by different coders. Am I able to switch from ME to PRO safely? I ask because I remember having to go through hoops trying to get Persona 3 Portable to work .

I just received Persona 2: Innocent Sin, and attempted to play it (on 1.1) but it gave me a black screen and just shut off my PSP. I assumed it was an issue with the firmware because I remember having a bunch of issues while attempting to start up Persona 3 Portable a couple of years back, so I went ahead and looked for the latest update of my current cfw, and updated it to ME-1.8, however, I'm still getting the black screen when I attempt to load the game, and then it still shuts off. I am using the original UMD and I really wish to play through this game. Has anyone seen this problem? Can anyone help me update my firmware to whatever I can to be able to play it?

Thanks so much for any help! It's very much appreciated! :D

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The last number in the model just denotes the region. People consider all the 100x models to be "1000".

ME and PRO are made by different people, ME is more of a testbed/development firmware while PRO is meant for use by the general public. You can switch if you want, though I wouldn't know the specifics as I don't know if ME is still full-flash-only or if it has an uninstaller now or something.

6.60 is the latest OFW so there shouldn't be game compatibility issues. Since this is an actual disc one of your plugins might be causing the issue, go into the text files inside the /seplugins/ folder and change all the 1's at the end of the line to 0's.

lordqua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the reply! I changed all the plugins from 1 to 0 and it worked! Quick question though, doesn't changing them to 0 disable the plugins? I was planning on using TempAR with this game, but it seems that the prompt to activate it doesn't work anymore. Am I just screwed in using the plugin?

lordqua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that my TempAR was the plugin causing the issue. I tried updating it but it still is crashing. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a cheat plugin that I could use that wont crash my system? It works for all my games aside from Persona 2. It's quite strange.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@