Gaming People with their Switch banned: how are you enjoying the new Animal Crossing game?

scionae

*clicking circles*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I decided to give it a try myself but I'm scared that I will not enjoy the game by playing it alone. I see a lot of people sharing the codes of the stuff they create and I was wondering if it's possible to access those items even with a banned system. Also, I fear that it will be boring without any friends and without any new islands to visit.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: MonMonz

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I decided to give it a try myself but I'm scared that I will not enjoy the game by playing it alone. I see a lot of people sharing the codes of the stuff they create and I was wondering if it's possible to access those items even with a banned system. Also, I fear that it will be boring without any friends and without any new islands to visit.

What are your thoughts?
I have the very same question here, i got it but still on the edge should I give it a try or not

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
As someone who plays online: there's honestly not a lot to do during multiplayer session, and majority of your 2+ player gameplay will come from just goofing around and talking/interacting with folks - it's more of a Habbo-esque interactive chat than anything. In that regard, you won't miss out on too much.

When it comes to sharing, though, that's another story - it's a lot of fun to exchange mail with other people and sharing items/designs/ideas between each other, and while the game is perfectly playable without those aspects, experience certainly feels a bit handicapped.

Reactions: scionae

grahamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are banned, you can still visit other ACNH islands by setting up "switch lan play".

You can import custom designs using a tool like "ACNH Design Pattern Editor".

You can also inject special events like May Day and the Easter thing by acquiring a BCAT file and copying it to your switch.

..so, in summary, everything is possible, it's just a bit of work to do and somewhat limited.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is kinda meant to be played with friends some games. It's like Super Mario Maker 2 that game is meant for online. Sure you can import levels but it isnt the same it don't feel the same.

I dont think the new world updates can even be played offline.

Emeraldu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My switch is banned but I played allot on unofficial servers, with bunny event enabled and everything, then Final Fantasy 7 remake got out and I've realized that I've played AC:NH just cause there wasn't anything else to play so I stopped.
But banned switch and online play is very doable as long as you get the settings right. (took me half a day)

Reactions: MonMonz
D

Deleted User

For a game aimed at families and encourages playing with friends, it offers the worst multiplayer experience I've ever encountered. There's so little (or rather, nothing) to do in multiplayer that you're not missing out on much.

YuukiON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My fiancee introduced to me AC on 3ds before and we would play together on each other islands etc.
Now we share the same switch with the current situation of using a bad mobile internet we are unable to use online.
And to be honest, you are not missing out on much, obviously, one thing that might be annoying is the fact you cannot use the custom qr codes to have designs of you know ''memes/private parts'' on shirts etc.

I never liked playing online due to sometimes people cutting my god dang trees and it drives me crazy.

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My fiancee introduced to me AC on 3ds before and we would play together on each other islands etc.
Now we share the same switch with the current situation of using a bad mobile internet we are unable to use online.
And to be honest, you are not missing out on much, obviously, one thing that might be annoying is the fact you cannot use the custom qr codes to have designs of you know ''memes/private parts'' on shirts etc.

I never liked playing online due to sometimes people cutting my god dang trees and it drives me crazy.

only players you designated as your best friend can dig holes or cut down trees.

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that's a relief, still won't be able to play online though, not missing much to be honest
yeah but as it was mentioned before, they have a big lan play setup for other banned switch players so i wouldnt imagine it's that much different.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My roommate borrowed one of our banned switches specifically for animal crossing. She hasn't complained once or suggested she is missing anything, enjoying the game very well. Now my daughter plays it online with a non-banned switch, and I know she'd be very disappointed if she couldn't visit her friend's towns and visa-versa. So I guess it all depends how you wanted to play, single-player/non-online mode is certainly doable if you don't care about sharing anything.

haruka-cantabile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It's pretty fun. The only downside imo is that you can't use other players' designs - those who only give out their creator code or upload non-importable photos to the Design Pattern Editor. You can still opt in on LAN Play if you want the online experience.

Reactions: pwokk and YuukiON

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk