Homebrew People said that there isn't any interesting homebrew

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of it. I enjoy seeing what gets created and what uses can be applied.

I'll give you a rundown:
backup loaders
cart ripping
Pokemon hacks
general stuff (like gecko, media player, Prick Roll Hub, save backup loaders, etc,.)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People like @notimp already patrol the forums enough. Last thing I want is an automod similar to Reddit.
I think the AI will be smart enough to deal with notimp.

e:
terminator.jpg

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: Deleted-351540

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
;) *nod*

Ai is not the solution. :)
Me patroling longterm isn't either.

If you catch your congress man nodding along with Marc Zuckerberg, while he sells him, that AI will precensor peoples sentiments in the future - tell him, from me - that he is an uneducated, professional honc.

(How to put this simply... Facial recognition AI has a rate of false positives in the realm of 15-20%, when dealing with broad recognition circles - which means its entirely useless for "catching the bad guys" purposes - or for prescreening.

If you apply the same principle to the concept of free speech, our western democracies are finally effed. Fully an comprehensively. ;)

A working community is something that has to be steadily worked on. In the best case scenario from people inside the community making the call of whats acceptable and what might not be. So that you have the experience, that those are humans making those calls, talking to you, ... (Not an algorithm you might not understand.) After people have learned, that this might entail, that they can't just repedietly put their questions in front of as many eyes as possibly, to have them answered by 5pm sharp - (wait, read, get a sense of what people are interested in answering, and what might have been asked too often in the past...) - it usually works.

It doesnt on facebook, or reddit, because those are structured as everscrolling feeds, where people NEVER feel a responsibility regarding what they are posting. It sticks 2 days at most - if they are lucky. It either gets a "feels" response, or it gets nothing. Its not referentiable, it can't be pulled from at a later date (reddit can, partly - but it will never be "first page" again) - its the

# entirely contextless - talk on the streets #

forums are not. You can play with everyone in here, but not at everyones cost. Forums remember. :) We'll pull up that three months old thread in the blink of an eye - and it will just be as valid as it was on day one. "Where is the delete function - my question was answered" isn't a thing in here - you, and we have to live with the thing that was posted.

And if all threads get replaced by two entire pages of new threads everyday - thats a sign, of something NOT working.. ;)

(Unless you run very, very popular forums with a marticulous structure ("collection threads" (One thread one topic, none repeated.)).)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bigonya keeps buying new sofa because of you