Gaming Peace Walker-Iso Saves with UMD

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I recently just updated to the Promethus CFW and I can finally use my UMD version of Peace Walker instead of the iso..problem is the UMD version says "no data"..is there a save converter or fix I can use? or am I going to have to just finish the iso version of the game? (14 hrs in and near the end)

Tear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You were playing the EUR version? The first one that came out, I mean. If yes, than you really have to finish the game in iso, as the save is not compatible.

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OH MAN I thought that might be the problem!!!!!!!! crap that totally sucks!-Though I thought there was a save game converter out there? or was that just for Monster Hunter?

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question; does the region of your UMD match the region of the ISO you first played? So for example, if it was the ISO for the EUR release, do you have a UMD of the same region, or is it an NTSC-U UMD?

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The UMD is Def NTSC-U -The Iso is in english but doesnt show up when peace walker looks for it so Im guessing its EUR

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, it is a pretty damn fine game so replaying it won't be so bad, right?
wink.gif

SonicRax

Trophies
XP
Country
nugundam0079 said:
The UMD is Def NTSC-U -The Iso is in english but doesnt show up when peace walker looks for it so Im guessing its EUR

The best way to check the ISO's region that I know of, is to boot the ISO and go to the Language Setting. If it has around 5 languages (I know Italiano is one of them), then it's the EUR one, and unfortunately, the EUR save definitely doesn't work with the NTSC-U one. The NTSC-U one has three languages, whereas the EUR one has five, so yeah.

I'm kinda concerned about this too, because I started my EUR save on a patched ISO, and I'm hearing it doesn't work with the EUR UMD, which I just bought because I love the game so much. T_T

And no, replaying's not a bad idea, but the game can get a little difficult on fights like the one against Chrysalis. Either that or I just suck. xD

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SonicRax said:
nugundam0079 said:

The best way to check is to boot the ISO and go to Language Setting. If it has around 5 languages (I know Italiano is one of them), then it's the EUR one, and unfortunately, the EUR save definitely doesn't work with the NTSC-U one.

I'm kinda concerned about this too, because I started my EUR save on a patched ISO, and I'm hearing it doesn't work with the EUR UMD, which I just bought because I love the game so much. T_T

And no, replaying's not a bad idea, but the game can get a little difficult on fights like the one against Chrysalis. Either that or I just suck. xD

It has Italian..so its the euro version...cruuudd! there has to be a way to change regions for the saves! I mean if it was done for Monster hunter-Japanese to English then this should be easy?

nugundam0079

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Goli said:
Well, it is a pretty damn fine game so replaying it won't be so bad, right?
wink.gif
It's an awesome game but being so close to the end and starting over? I dunno...

SonicRax

Trophies
XP
Country
There might be but, currently there's nothing, which sucks. I guess you could do two playthroughs or something; finish it on the ISO, then just finish the UMD one and use that save more. If you have the time. ._.

As for how easy it'd be, I'm not sure; it might be something dependent on how different the two releases are from each other in terms of coding. Correct my noob-ass if I'm wrong here though.

EDIT: Might as well throw this question out here while I'm at it: Anyone know if a save-file generated on a EUR ISO that's been modified/patched in ANY WAY will work with the EUR UMD or a clean ISO?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P