Hacking pc wii dumper

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not think there is any PC app that can do that as fast as USB Loader. There are two programs for the PC that I am aware of - RAWDUMP and FRIIDUMP.

RAWDUMP will extract and ISO file from an original game disk in about 3-4 hours, but requires a certain type of LG DVD drive that can recognize original Wii discs. You can find such a drive at www.megaloot4u.com

Please be aware that RAWDUMP can only recongnize single layer discs, and will not recognize any dual layer dvd's such as SSBB.

FRIIDUMP is a command line based dumper program and will recognize dual layer discs such as SSBB.

Hope this answers your question.

BinFairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's a disk backup, which you want to store on your hard-drive, you can just use Imgburn or PowerISO to copy the disk image as an .ISO.

This won't work with original games, but is a great way to backup... umm... backups.

It's a lot quicker than using wii-based apps too.

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thanks guys, I've got the drive, rawdump is slow and I've tried imgburn but the games do not copy properly and come out with errors, I guess I'll have to dump to a usb stick via wii and burn.

Anyway I've been away from the scene for a while and want to know all the big things that happened, the last time I was here bootmii 0.2 was released with no sucess for people who couldn't install to boot2 with vul boot1 and bannerbomber was released, what's been happening since?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I understand, in order to rip a Wii game to your PC, you require a specific DVD drive. At least this was true before all of the USB Loader scene, however I'm sure it hasn't changed too much. I can't remember 100%, but I think it was a specific LG drive that you have to have inorder for this to work on a PC. I'm sure that if you searched around, you could come to your own conclusion, but it hardly seems worth buying a piece of hardware that your Wii can already do for you.

robiul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
From what I understand, in order to rip a Wii game to your PC, you require a specific DVD drive. At least this was true before all of the USB Loader scene, however I'm sure it hasn't changed too much. I can't remember 100%, but I think it was a specific LG drive that you have to have inorder for this to work on a PC. I'm sure that if you searched around, you could come to your own conclusion, but it hardly seems worth buying a piece of hardware that your Wii can already do for you.

Thanks for the reply but I have that drive, I've been using rawdump to dump the games, but I need something faster.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot the name of the Homebrew App that I use but I know for a fact you can Dump from your Wii to your PC via Wi Fi. Takes around 3 hours to dump though. Stick your Wii disk in the Wii. Run the App... Choose Wi Fi... then use Firefox on your PC and type in the IP of your Wii in the address bar... Download link will show up.

USB much much faster though
smile.gif

but this is an option

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a sd card for the wi, which I suspect you do then use super dump to dump your games most SL games are done in 15-20 minutes and most DL games are done in 30 minutes. Although with Cios 13A and Cios 14 there is a bug with it stopping at 99% but it is a perfect 1:1 dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: