Gaming PC to make less noise

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There isnt any without taking out your cash, Unless your willing to risk the fact that you going to end up overheating your PC and send it to it own death. The only option left is what i wrote or what the other says which is turn down the fan.

Lies and slander, he could undervolt, underclock, turn down fans, send the HDD to sleep mode and use a flash device, he could sound-proof the case using fabrics, he could do a whole lot of things that are do-able in 15 minutes.

You can do that only if your motherboard isn't a complete piece of crap.

1. I highly doubt that either of these operations would cause a fiery death of the computer - today's motherboards are not like the ones from 10 years back, they don't "fry" all that often, they just use Emergency Shutdown and reset CMOS settings.

2. I've never seen a motherboard that doesn't have certain "hidden" options in BIOS to allow that kind of modifications, at least none that were based on AWARD's BIOS.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
want water cooling without the price tag? Than get a corsair hydro H70
But you've missed the point of the thread - he wants a quiet computer! The H70 is louder than most air coolers (because of the twin 2000rpm fans attached).
you must have sensitive hearing than cos mine is on now and i can barely hear it. my bar fridge behind me is making a louder noise than it :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think his point was that two fans and a pump make as much of a racket as one crappy stock fan, and if you really wanted to go "all quiet", you'd choose 100% passive cooling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr