Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help here.

Windows 7 build 7 did that 'not genuine' thing so i did the removewat thing which worked before. Computer restarted and keeps going to the acer erecovery screen only that the only option i can click on is exit which just restarts and goes back to erecovery all over again.

I cant seem to boot to safe mode and my boot discs and windows discs are in a box miles away from here.

Anyone know if i can fix this? Bare in mind that i can only get online via mobile or wii.

Cheer, you may laugh at me
yaypsp.gif

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I had a Toshiba pc with windows vista and i had this problem too you must go and leave it there you get it and it will go to the company to fix it it will take 2-3 months
tongue.gif

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is because the "not genuine" thing writes something to the boot, which then says the first partition must be started (which is the recovery partition). Had the same problem with pc's from Acer/Gateway. Didn't bother to look long for the possible solution, so reinstalled everything with the recovery partition removed. Then it worked like a charm!
wink.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well i have no company to return this pc too and i cant reinstall (no discs) so what now?

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since you can't start Windows with F8 options the recovery of Windows won't be accessible. You don't have any discs so that's a problem too.

If you have any data that needs to be saved, take out the harddrive, plug it in a other computer and copy all data. Then start the eRecovery procedure.

If you don't have any data that needs to be saved, just start the eRecovery instantly.

These are the only 2 solutions that seem to be the best atm for you.
smile.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok start again. It goes to 'acer ecrecovery management' and i have this menu:

Restore system from factory default restore system from users back up
Exit

The only one i can click on is exit

That is all.

The above two are not clickable otherwise i would have done this already. hd is already backed up.

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm... User backup means it wants to open a backup you created yourself (DVD backup), what does it when you click on it?...

Did you do a DVD Recovery Disc Creation back when the system was booted the first time when it asked you to do it? Normally it's like 2 a 3 dvd's...

Else the recovery partition is also damaged, because of the "patch thing"
wink.gif
then it's not possible to recover in the situation you are in now...

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i said in the first post is what happened when i first did the removewat. as i said can only click on exit, the other options arent clickable.

Maybe this'll give me an excuse to tell the mrs so i can buy a better pc

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe you could buy Windows?
rolleyes.gif
I don't trust that removeWAT thing, first (and only) time I used it I thought it would totally prevent Windows finding out that it wasn't genuine, whereas I actually rebooted to find "Your Windows is not genuine". I fixed it by just re-running 7Loader though.
wink.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually liking this new pc idea, though it'll be a couple of weeks before i can.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Try the following link to get a recovery disk. It should allow you to boot into advanced recovery and fix your mbr.

Here

Edit: Nevermind. Just re-read you have limited access.
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey Haddy, I presume the PC shipped with Vista and you installed Win7 on it?

That might mean you could've erased the recovery partition, so no luck in recoverying from there.

Try pressing F8, there should be an option like "Try to fix/repair boot problems" which should auto-check for problems (and probably fail, at that) and then let you choose various options, like opening a new Command Prompt. From there you might just run "fixmbr" and that would solve your problems.

(If it boots to eRecovery everytime, that means the MBR messed up, and started redirecting somehow to the Recovery bootblock. Maybe that means that the recovery partition is still there? ...it's worth a try)

Otherwise, try this. Start tapping repeatdly alt+F10 kinda at the same time you'd press F8 for the Windows Boot options. It should go into the Recovery, and you should be able to select the HD recovery option.

IIRC, there was a key combination which let you kinda modify the booting options on the fly, like the booting partition, but that's not a easy task.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd assume you've probably thought of this, but if you know someone else with Windows 7 installed they can burn a recovery disk for you from control panel (backup and restore option), which will let you get into the recovery console to try a repair on your windows 7 install.

Alternately, it might be time to call in a few favours from a mate and the postal system
wink.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rauly just tried all that several times and nothing happens.

Unfortunatly i dont know anyone with windows 7 but my dad who lives a couple of hours away and i cant get to him for weeks, i've already asked him for win7 recovery discs so i should get them in a few weeks.

Already convinced the Mrs that its best to buy a new pc which is something i wanted for a while, just wish i thought of fucking my pc before.
yaywii.gif

Gonna go 100% legit with the next pc, i can afford to just trying to get out of this pirating douche habit.

Can't stand browsing the net without a computer but it'll give me a kick up my arse to get this house in order.

See you guys in a while.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed it eventually.

Got my Dad to send his copy (original) to me, kept on crashing while installing several times and on the last attempt it worked perfectly.

Still getting a new one and the Mrs is having this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol