PC Gaming is a B**** (Controller Binding)

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by LightyKD, Jul 3, 2015.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I have a Ipega PG-9028 Bluetooth controller that just won't act right.

If I pair it using home + X (gamepad mode) it mixes up A and Y and its a mess.

If I pair using home + A the buttons act as 1-0, WASD, Arrows and IJKL on the keyboard.

Home + A isn't bad but some PC games won't let you map camera controls to the keyboard and some won't let you map anything to 1-0 but allow for use of num 1 - num 0. Any chance I could find the following?

- A program that lets me bind keys to mouse movement

- A program that lets me bind 1-0 to num 1 - num 0

As always, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    What do you mean it mixes up A and Y in gamepad mode? Wouldn't it be easier to use gamepad mode, then rebind that ingame?

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I would imagine the problems are occurring in games that have Xinput support but no Directinput support (which is a lot) and simply don't let you rebind controls.

There are a lot of Xinput wrappers out there, you can try x360ce. Boot the controller in Gamepad mode, set up x360ce, then it should run better with just about any game.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    yeah i know directinput gaming is a pain in the ass, i had several crontrollers and it was a pain that it required bidings and sometimes developers screwed up.. and most new games don't support directinput anymore, so you will have to use the xinput emulator which works most of the times but it's a shit that games need it...and come on, it's a third party option... fuck off microsoft..

but then i get a xinput controller.. just plug and play baby just plug and play.
    but when the servant overcomes the master is not so cool, what i mean is, several games that use xinput don't let you configure the controls, its much more limited...

direct input is really nice but there is no default layout\template.. they default keys are always messed up\wrong.. and some games got problems to configure certain keys..
    xinput, is a console bullshit, you plug and play it but barelly can change options, and it doesn't support old good gamepads...

with this in mind i agree the choices from the people who created these standards could bring something better.. the people at microsoft only wanted us to use the xbox controller...

but your tittle is saying the whole pc gaming is a bullshit because you are having problems with your specific controller from a chinese brand? get out...
    go to the brand website and complain to them because that issue is most likely their piece of shit software

5. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

GBAtemp Patron
    gudenau is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    At least the xbox 360 controllers work, just not in Windows 2000...

6. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    My title was mostly a joke. Let's be honest, PC gaming is a bitch sometimes. With that said, that doesn't mean I'm against it lol. As far as my controller goes, I originally got it for my OUYA but it was a pain in the ass there and so far it's better suited as the PC controller. I did find a key binding app but it's frustrating that the program does not limit the binding to my gaming profile. It's gonna frustrate the misses when she gets home :P You mentioned a xinput emulator, could you recommend one?

migles likes this.
  7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    360 ce emulator, but i do think your gamepad is already xinput, at least it should..

if your gamepad is already xinput you may need to switch back to directinput... but i think it will work anyway
    https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce
    all you have to do is open the config program, you configure the keys and stuff as you want, when you done, save it
    then the "tricky" part (at least for pc impaired people) is to select the DLL files (xinput1_3.DLL) and the INI file, replace the DLL inside the game files..
    some games have 2 or 3 DLL on the program you can find settings to create the other 2 dll...
    some games don't work.. others do, and some others need some tweak..

8. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Thanks a million this program is awesome. I'll have to test a few more games but Remember Me works like a charm.

9. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    If the above don't work, try vJoy along with UJR. vJoy lets you create a virtual game pad that shows up in USB Controller settings, and UJR lets you map your actual game pad inputs to your virtual game pad. It's a huge pain to set up, but it actually works as intended. I was forced to use it for FFXIII-2 PC because it's dinput and when I plug in my PS controller the buttons are mapped wrong.