Hacking Question PC can`t read switch Micro SD and vice versa.

wolfidroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have had a switch for about a 1-2 years and this started happening about a week ago. If i format the Micro SD on the switch, The PC won`t assign a drive letter and when i try to do it manually, It says 'The system cannot find the file specified'. And if i format the Micro SD to FAT32 on the PC, The switch says i have to format it. Can someone help me? OS version is 8.1.0

wolfidroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Doesn't it just format the card to FAT32? Cause I have tried that. I don't think using this instead of something else to format it to FAT32 will make a difference.

wolfidroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
After formatting the card using GUI Format and plugging it into my switch, It worked but after turning the switch off and trying to plug it into the PC, I get the 'system cannot find the file specified' error.

Last edited by wolfidroid,

Krushx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At this point it would be helpful if you supply some infos about your OS and if you use a built-in card reader or a USB one. Sounds like a PC related issue.

wolfidroid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I tried with two different computers (Desktop and laptop). I have Windows 10 on both of them, And use a usb card reader on the desktop and the built in card reader on my laptop

Krushx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you trying to use the built-in format tool? If you do, try another tool instead. Windows tries to just overwrite some files and doesn't really format the filesystem the way other tools do.

D

Deleted User

i had this happen with one of my cards, turns out the card itself was fucked and i had to get a new one

Krushx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have another switch you can try? Otherwise I'd try a card that wasn't in a switch before and try to fornat it with a PC first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: being sick still sucks