GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey whats up.

Team Neptune (Authors of DeepSea) developed a payload (CommonProblemResolver )that fixes a few Problems you can encounter with your switch, such as:
  • Updating while having themes installed
  • Too many sysmodules running
  • ClingWrap was still active when rebooting
  • Bugs caused by updating via aio-switch-updater
  • Archive bits problems caused by mac computers
It also has a small section about common problems you can easily forget, such as the NOGC patch.
If you find more things that CPR could fix, please let me know!

Little disclaimer:
TegraExplorer was forked for this. Their menu-code is a big part of the Payload.

Source and downloads are on Github: https://github.com/Team-Neptune/CommonProblemResolver

Screenshot_2ba591bd.jpg

Last edited by Slluxx,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you really need an entire payload for this? I feel this would be better simply as a TegraExplorer script.
You could do it as Tegra Script but it was developed to be used by DeepSea, for people who might not know enough or a lot. and shouldnt handle a tool like TegraExplorer.
You can run this payload without being able to destroy your setup.

And in the end, if you feel that its unnessesary, you dont have to use it. Its an Option.

Reactions: shorty_bobert

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could do it as Tegra Script but it was developed to be used by DeepSea, for people who might not know enough or a lot. and shouldnt handle a tool like TegraExplorer.
You can run this payload without being able to destroy your setup.

And in the end, if you feel that its unnessesary, you dont have to use it. Its an Option.
Yup. And I'm free to voice my opinion. This definitely would do better as a tegrascript. You're doing a lot to accomplish very little.

As for noobs not using TegraExplorer, that's what step by step guides and help channels are for. It just seems like more DeepSea clutter that shouldn't exist as its own payload. Oh well. In the end it's just yet another thing for DeepSea to claim, even though it's essentially just a script.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to add that this seems like a very nice option for helpers, and those injecting not from a PC.

I also like how it disables sysmods instead of removing them. Thank you for this work.

Edit: would you consider adding a fix archive bit fix as well?

Last edited by OrGoN3, , Reason: I added a question instead of posting yet again
Reactions: Slluxx

Infam0us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. And I'm free to voice my opinion

Based on Slluxx's last post. I don't recall anyone attempting to impede on your freedom to voice your opinion so I don't know why you felt the need to say that, Though it is your right to say that it makes you seem like an ass. As Slluxx stated, this is merely giving the community another option, you and/or they can choose to use it or not.

If you feel like you know a better way to do this then you should code it and put it out there...
Atleast deep-sea is actually contributing to the switchbrew scene.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks really cool, I may use it from time to time. Providing some screenshots of how it looks would be more appealing tho, but that's just my humble suggestion
Thanks for sharing

Last edited by LightBeam,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit: would you consider adding a fix archive bit fix as well?
Sure, but that can be done from within Hekate, right? I dont even know what what actually causes a problem that requires someone to use this fix. I have never needed it but if someone actually does and they use Fusee-Primary to boot, this would be a nice addition i guess. I'd stil llike to know the cause of the problem.

Looks really cool, I may use it from time to time. Proving some screenshots of how it looks would be more appealing tho, but that's just my humble suggestion
Thanks for sharing
Yes, true. I will add a screenshot soon :)

Reactions: peteruk

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but that can be done from within Hekate, right? I dont even know what what actually causes a problem that requires someone to use this fix. I have never needed it but if someone actually does and they use Fusee-Primary to boot, this would be a nice addition i guess. I'd stil llike to know the cause of the problem.
It typically stems from when a user puts they sd card into a Mac.

On the Switch, Nintendo uses/sets the archive bit/flag on certain folders. They can be installation folders with the application split into 4gb chunks.

In any case, HOS treats files/folders with the archive flag set differently. If they were set by accident, removing the flag fixes that particular issue.

Yes hekate can do this. I figured it would be a worthy addition to CPR, if the purpose is to have one payload to fix them all. And heck, you can probably just use hekates code for it. But yes, it is an issue that happens (again usually when the user puts their sd card in a Mac).

I understand your reluctance to add it, but as you pointed out, this would be a nice way to fix it for those that don't typically use hekate, or use hekate to autobot to fusee-primary and don't know any better.

If you'd like to keep the scope of the program to what it currently does, I will stop asking for more.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It typically stems from when a user puts they sd card into a Mac.

On the Switch, Nintendo uses/sets the archive bit/flag on certain folders. They can be installation folders with the application split into 4gb chunks.

In any case, HOS treats files/folders with the archive flag set differently. If they were set by accident, removing the flag fixes that particular issue.

Yes hekate can do this. I figured it would be a worthy addition to CPR, if the purpose is to have one payload to fix them all. And heck, you can probably just use hekates code for it. But yes, it is an issue that happens (again usually when the user puts their sd card in a Mac).

I understand your reluctance to add it, but as you pointed out, this would be a nice way to fix it for those that don't typically use hekate, or use hekate to autobot to fusee-primary and don't know any better.

If you'd like to keep the scope of the program to what it currently does, I will stop asking for more.

No, dont worry, i want to add as much as i can (without editing files but eh, will do that too if i have to). Im just using a macbook pro as daily driver (for work) and still never had this issue. Maybe Apple finally fixed something with big sur? The only Problem i have with mac are the stupid "._*" files.
Are you sure archive bits is only a problem on mac and not linux too? I would give it a more descriptive name then so people actually know what its for

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, dont worry, i want to add as much as i can (without editing files but eh, will do that too if i have to). Im just using a macbook pro as daily driver (for work) and still never had this issue. Maybe Apple finally fixed something with big sur? The only Problem i have with mac are the stupid "._*" files.
Are you sure archive bits is only a problem on mac and not linux too? I would give it a more descriptive name then so people actually know what its for
From my experience as a helper, it only happens from a Mac. I guess it could happen with Linux or any FreeBSD variant. I just know if someone has an issue booting, they used a Mac, archive bit fix.

I'm not even sure why Macs do this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://rentry.co/SwitchFAQ#archivebit-fix-mac-users

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-archive-bit-for-all-sd-files-and-folders.515258/

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Slluxx
Maybe you can add the support of bootin "/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin" function, alongside the reboot to update.bin?.. :)

Yeah sure. I removed the option because with deepsea, bootloader/update.bin will always be the newest version of hekate.
the reason the payload is at that place is that no matter what old hekate payload you inject, you will always be using this.
Since this tool is somewhat public now i should add that option probably back.

@mathew77 its back in and in a new release :)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
0.3.4 includes an option to delete mac special folders. its less of a bootfix and more a convenience thing, thus has a new category.
I also added a screenshot.

Reactions: hippy dave

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is crap quite honestly. You should have submitted TegraExplorer scripts to the official repo instead of taking another dev's hardwork and forking this meme payload.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is crap quite honestly. You should have submitted TegraExplorer scripts to the official repo instead of taking another dev's hardwork and forking this meme payload.
And I have already explained why it's not a TegraExplorer script. If you think doing this as a script is better, feel free to do it.

Reactions: LurkeryMcGee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl +1