1. jarjayes

OP jarjayes Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I know this may be a dumb question, but I read somewhere that patching with Luma wouldn't work for a specific game if it was downloaded. Does this apply to all games obtained through homebrew or the e-shop? And if so, would there by any other way to patch them?

Any insight would be a great help!

2. MuperMumpjanSario

Newcomer

Australia
    LayeredFS works fine with both physical game cartridges and digitally installed games.

You currently cannot, however, patch update files without unpacking the actual Update CIA, changing whatever files you need to switch, and repacking and installing it. This may change if BPS patching ever comes to the official Luma repo, though.

jarjayes likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    It probably means "received via download play" - since you get a title which is installed to ctrnand and run from there (Luma layeredfs is/was limited with respect to stuff commonly found in internal storage)

jarjayes likes this.
  4. jarjayes

OP jarjayes Member
    Newcomer

United States
    thank you!

5. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm pretty sure you can patch updates, it's just the DLC that can't be patched through Luma and has to be manually repacked.

6. MuperMumpjanSario

Newcomer

Australia
    Trust me, I've tried. It doesn't work. It's the very reason why things like Project Restoration requires the usage of a modified version Luma3DS that supports BPS patching when playing a version of the game that isn't v1.00.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - downloaded, Patching, games