Homebrew Patching with Luma on downloaded games

jarjayes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may be a dumb question, but I read somewhere that patching with Luma wouldn't work for a specific game if it was downloaded. Does this apply to all games obtained through homebrew or the e-shop? And if so, would there by any other way to patch them?

Any insight would be a great help!

Wryyyong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
LayeredFS works fine with both physical game cartridges and digitally installed games.

You currently cannot, however, patch update files without unpacking the actual Update CIA, changing whatever files you need to switch, and repacking and installing it. This may change if BPS patching ever comes to the official Luma repo, though.

Reactions: jarjayes

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I read somewhere that patching with Luma wouldn't work for a specific game if it was downloaded. Does this apply to all games obtained through homebrew or the e-shop?
It probably means "received via download play" - since you get a title which is installed to ctrnand and run from there (Luma layeredfs is/was limited with respect to stuff commonly found in internal storage)

Reactions: jarjayes

jarjayes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LayeredFS works fine with both physical game cartridges and digitally installed games.

You currently cannot, however, patch update files without unpacking the actual Update CIA, changing whatever files you need to switch, and repacking and installing it. This may change if BPS patching ever comes to the official Luma repo, though.
thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.