Loaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

After searching on these forums for the past hour and a half, I've been unable to figure out what patching/decrypting an ISO really means or does.

I want to decrypt/patch my ISO file so that I can use Backup Loader on it (1:1 is currently incompatible with it), however I'm not sure where to start. Apparently patching something is something different than decrypting it, and there's all sorts of stuff on region free patching that comes up, which I'm not interested in doing.

Can anyone please help me out and tell me what I need to do in order to patch/decrypt an ISO file? I'm sorry if this seems like the most n00biest question ever (seeing as how everyone else seems to know about patching/decrypting already), but I seriously can't find a guide/thread that contains the details for all this stuff.

Thanks!

Loaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks!

The game in question is Mario Kart Wii [PAL]. Unlike the wiki compatibility guide, the game gives me a DRE right after the Safety/Warning notice, so I'm going to try to burn the original to different media at lower speeds (this time using IMGBurn, since I've heard that works especially well with Wii backups), and then give it a shot using the Backup Patching program. I've heard that IMGBurn has problems with burning patched ISOs, so which program should I use instead (I'm thinking Alcohol 120% would be apt)?

Thanks!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wo wo the MK PAL works awesome with BUL0.3 I have it runing with it, you have a bad media, try burning at 8X or try another brand, check this out http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

EDIT: the first time I run it I press A several times and after the safety screen the game gives the DRE, you need to let it load by himself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: