"Patched"?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by superbad, Nov 6, 2008.

Nov 6, 2008

"Patched"? by superbad at 6:24 AM (684 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. superbad
    OP

Newcomer superbad Newbie

United States
    Hi there, I'm sorry to start a new thread but I'm really new at this and I'm not too knowledgable! I keep seeing in the compatibility list "Patched works." Well, what I want to know is, patched how? With what program? Are we talking region-free patching or some other program I'm not familiar with?

2. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    0.1 of the backup loader required games be patched a certain way in order to load. 0.3 doesn't require games to be patched to play, but it plays games that you've already patched for 0.1 so you don't have to re-burn them. Patching them doesn't matter anymore though, and a game that works patched should work without a patch as well.

3. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    if you get the v0.1 loader you get the decrypting (patching) tool with it just follow the tutorial from that loader .

4. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Patching as it got commently called on the forums really stands for decrypting and it was only used on the version 1 beta of the backup loaders
    Version 3 no longer needs games to be patched though some games dont work as a standard ISO (image) and work after being 'patched'
    The tool is available in the version 1 loader in my signature from my server and is in the PC folder there if you need it though the community is trying to move away from this system now and only use 1:1 iso to dvd burns to make life easier for everyone.