Patch SCALEFOR_PSP.PRX with EBOOT.BIN Patcher?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Fun_Zephyr, Jan 14, 2010.

Jan 14, 2010
  1. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hello,

I have been trying to learn how to use the decrypting programs. I have successfully used it on a few games but having an issue with Avatar. With a clean iso you get the usual numeric error that means you are on incorrect firmware.

I then do the Decrypt and Patch method on the EBOOT.BIN and the place it all back into the ISO via UMDGen and create the new iso. The game now starts / loads etc but it gets stuck on a screen with the blue loading symbol in the bottom right corner that continuously turns and a blue image i the centre of the screen. Home and Quite results in having to either take the battery out orholding the power in the off position for an extended period of time.

I notcie that the Compatibility List states:

Tag: 0xD91612F0. Use latest version of EDecrypt. Don't forget to patch SCALEFORM_PSP.PRX with EBOOT.BIN Patcher.

I have seen others state Tag: 0xD91612F0. Use latest version of EDecrypt and after decrypting no issue. However, I have not seen the message Don't forget to patch SCALEFORM_PSP.PRX with EBOOT.BIN Patcher in previous games fixes.

I know where the SCALEFORM_PSP.PRX is but I have no idea how to patch it with EBOOT.BIN.PRX.

Can anyone please give me some advise?

I am testing this on 5.00 M33-6 and I knwo it works on GEN but wanting to try t on M33-6 to learn. I have seen prepatched copies on the net but do not wish to use them if possible.

Thanks in advance

Zephyr [​IMG]

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Replied to your PM about this with instructions....

3. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Thank you - it worked a treat using EBOOT.BIN Patcher v1.1 to patch the SCALEFORM_PSP.PRX file. Thanks for telling me I had to rename it to a BIN extension to patch then simply rename back [​IMG]