Hacking Patch NTSC-J to PAL: Green screen?

_eyCaRambA_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have been trying to patch the MH3 demo ISO from NTSC-J to PAL with several programs and using the USB Loader GX' inbuildt feature.
I get a green or a green/red flickering screen everytime! (I want to play it with my SCART cable, cause it gives me 100 times better quality than the Wii AV cable)
WGP NTSC2PAL: Green/red flickering
WDS: Green/red flickering
USBL GX Auto Patch: Green Screen
USBL GX System Defautl: Green Screen
USBL GX Force PAL50/60: Green Screen

Any solution for that?
Or do you guys know if a component cable displays colour when playing NTSC games? Cause my SCART cable is giving me a red overlay.
kind regards

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
???

Scart cable does not mean automatically rgb cable. But you are using a rgb cable, right? As far as i know the crap cable and component cable have no probelms with both PAL&NTSC on tvs which support both, it's only the rgb cable that causes issues. And quality is component cable > rgb cable >> crap cable. But i think component cable is not compatible with all tvs.

Try force PAL60 and the 3 video mode patch options in NeoGamma. If that does not work, it might not be possible to get the game to work in PAL. Oh, and NeoGamma works only with NOT region patched discs.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
beegee7730 said:
Try running it through GeckoOS with region settings?

Sorry, but just forcing video modes is working for less and less games. I think it's already less than 50% of games that allow this.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My expirience regarding pached isos and usb loader is as follows:
Don't touch the original iso, when you want to run it via usb loader - it will not work.

Just set region and video mode in usbloader to disc default. Assuming that your tv can display ntsc (480i) this should work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
supagusti said:
My expirience regarding pached isos and usb loader is as follows:
Don't touch the original iso, when you want to run it via usb loader - it will not work.

Just set region and video mode in usbloader to disc default. Assuming that your tv can display ntsc (480i) this should work.

Exactly this HAS TO work. But the topic is about to get the game to work in PAL video mode. If you have seen the difference between the crap cable you get with your wii and a rgb cable, you would understand why people are willing to go through a lot of trouble for this. And no i'm not one of the graphics is everything idiots, but it's hard to NOT see the difference if you have seen both once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill