pasta cfw boot into black screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kirino, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Kirino
    OP

Kirino GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    when i tried loading pasta cfw on my 9.2 new 3ds using homemenuhax it boots into a black screen

2. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    When you say pasta cfw, do you mean Pasta Mode in the rxtools nightly? If not, I highly recommend doing that instead.

If you are, make sure that you generated the /firm/ folder with cdn_firm.py (requires Python 2.7 to run) and put that in the sdmc:/rxtools/ folder. I think you also need 0x25slotkey.bin on your root (can't link, copyrighted material)

3. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Use minipasta instead.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

PastaCFW is another CFW that boots into sysnand, it came before rxTools was a thing and is still used by lots of users who don't use rxTools and want to run a reliable CFW into sysnand.

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  4. Kirino
    OP

Kirino GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    minipasta?

5. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    But wait, is there a difference between that and the Pasta Mode in the lavanoid nightly builds? I knew about PastaCFW but people actually prefer it over the nightlies?

6. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-hax-2-x-pasta-loader.400752/

Of course! PastaCFW is just a homebrew you copy and paste into the 3ds folder, as easy as that to make it work properly. People rarelly have issues with it.

rxTools nightlies are a pretty big hit or miss across all different systems and versions, people have issues poping all the time and using them in a N3DS is nothing less than a bad nightmare with lots of features missing.

CrispyYoshi likes this.