Hacking pasta cfw boot into black screen

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say pasta cfw, do you mean Pasta Mode in the rxtools nightly? If not, I highly recommend doing that instead.

If you are, make sure that you generated the /firm/ folder with cdn_firm.py (requires Python 2.7 to run) and put that in the sdmc:/rxtools/ folder. I think you also need 0x25slotkey.bin on your root (can't link, copyrighted material)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use minipasta instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When you say pasta cfw, do you mean Pasta Mode in the rxtools nightly? If not, I highly recommend doing that instead.

If you are, make sure that you generated the /firm/ folder with cdn_firm.py (requires Python 2.7 to run) and put that in the sdmc:/rxtools/ folder. I think you also need 0x25slotkey.bin on your root (can't link, copyrighted material)

PastaCFW is another CFW that boots into sysnand, it came before rxTools was a thing and is still used by lots of users who don't use rxTools and want to run a reliable CFW into sysnand.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Kirino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use minipasta instead.

PastaCFW is another CFW that boots into sysnand, it came before rxTools was a thing and is still used by lots of users who don't use rxTools and want to run a reliable CFW into sysnand.
minipasta?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use minipasta instead.

But wait, is there a difference between that and the Pasta Mode in the lavanoid nightly builds? I knew about PastaCFW but people actually prefer it over the nightlies?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
minipasta?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-hax-2-x-pasta-loader.400752/

But wait, is there a difference between that and the Pasta Mode in the lavanoid nightly builds? I knew about PastaCFW but people actually prefer it over the nightlies?

Of course! PastaCFW is just a homebrew you copy and paste into the 3ds folder, as easy as that to make it work properly. People rarelly have issues with it.

rxTools nightlies are a pretty big hit or miss across all different systems and versions, people have issues poping all the time and using them in a N3DS is nothing less than a bad nightmare with lots of features missing.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?